QuickswitchRoks G1 Collection! (some of it anyway)

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by QuickswitchRoKs, Sep 19, 2010.

1. QuickswitchRoKs

QuickswitchRoKs Universal Dominator

QuickswitchRoks Collection! (G1, Energon, Classics Video Games Too!)

I've been a huge Transformers fan for almost 10 years now and have been actively collecting that entire time. Please take a look at My Want List.

Updates since moving to Japan!

-- I've discovered a few great stores in my area here in Japan. I will continue to add pics regularly, so make sure to scroll all the way to the end :)  You can see how my collection has grown over the past two years! --

Here's what my collection looks like now in Japan:

[​IMG]

*More detailed photos added in more recent posts!*

-- Links to galleries in this post --

*The quality of the pictures should get better as I figure out how take pictures properly, so please bare with me!*

A few random pics.

MIB Star Saber and Victory Leo!!

Nike Sports Label

Shelf by Shelf Collection Pics

Brave Max with Repro weapons from fellow TFW member Darkov and a Repro God Sword I bought on Ebay.

Perfect Effect Toys

ROTF Amazon.co.jp Excluvise Black Leader Optimus Prime!

Fully upgraded (as of 6/11) 2010 CrazyDevy Predaking!

Black Primes, Jetwing Prime + Jetfire Combo, Custom weapons, and misc.!

Below are a few pictures of my collection (Only G1 and Energon. These pictures were taken over 5 years ago and, needless to say, my collection has grown quite a bit since then) I would love to post pictures of my entire collection (I'm not sure how many bots. 1000+ atleast) but I'm currently living in Japan. Thus, all my toys are boxed up and 6000 miles away :( 

Japan Trip, En Japanese, Transformers, Video Games 423.jpg Japan Trip, En Japanese, Transformers, Video Games 424.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg IMG_0104.jpg

Japan Trip, En Japanese, Transformers, Video Games 373.jpg Japan Trip, En Japanese, Transformers, Video Games 374.jpg

Mind you, this is only what I had out and displayed before I moved. It's only a fraction of what I actually have (which is too much!) I will post many more pictures of my entire collection when I return home for good next year!

This is what my collection looks like now :( 

IMG_2186.JPG

If anyone is curious about my user name, I don't have a particular affinity for Quickswith. However, my friend and former Transformer collector despised poor Quickswitch. Being the nice guy I am, I changed my e-mail address to Quickswitchroks to remind him of just how awesome Quickswitch is every time he wanted to e-mail me. It just kind of stuck since then.

1997 Japan Botcon Exclusive Galvatron PVC Figure (166/800).
    [For sale in my sales thread!]

JBC Galvatron Box Re-Size.jpg JBC Galvatron Brochure Re-Size.jpg

JBC Galvatron 1 Re-Size.jpg JBC Galvatron 2 Re-Size.jpg

JBC Galvatron 3 Re-Size.jpg JBC Galvatron 4 Re-Size.jpg

He's a picture of my classic video game collection also taken more than 5 years ago. Enjoy!

IMG_0105.jpg

Thanks for looking!

2. snakejake

snakejake Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for sharing... great stuff. love it all, but that classic video game collection you've got is something!

3. QuickswitchRoKs

The video game picture doesn't include any of my boxed systems. I have just about all systems from Atari to PS3 boxed. I even have a Commodore 64 in the box :) 

4. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Nintendo power glove!

5. QuickswitchRoKs

I recently bought a Power Glove in the box. It's so bad!

6. mainframe

mainframe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    omg a virtual boy i use to have one of those, I remember when I tried to trade it in to gamestop and they looked at me like I was crazy because they have never seen one of before

7. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

Very nice collection QuickswitchRoKs!! It's like every time I log on to this site there is another large, jaw dropping collection that makes mine feel like a pinto parked next to Gravedigger...

All those Genesis games must be blocking the SNES gems of your collection, am I right??!! :p 

End of Line

8. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Awesome collection!

But I dont see a Vectrex in that amazing video game collection.:( :p 

9. QuickswitchRoKs

Thanks for the compliments guys. I wish I could show you all of my collection :( 

I just realized that none of my pretenders are even in my G1 pictures >.<

I will take some more pictures when I go home for Christmas.

Only my boxed Genesis games are in the picture (non boxes Genesis games are way too hard to stack of of their rounded edges) Most of my SNES gems are in the picture. I have just about every rare SNES RPG, but unfortunately most aren't boxed. The only SNES games I do have boxed are in the top left hand corner of the pic.

Wow, I didn't even know that system exsisted. Thanks for the info! Must....search....Ebay.....

Also, I'd like to say great collection Turboedguy. Very nicely displayed. I like that fact that all autobot cars can be seen in robot and vehicle modes. Plus you have some nice re-colors. I've never seen that Clear G1 Optimus Prime before!

10. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

That's awesome. It feels like only yesterday I played some of those games. Very nice.

11. QuickswitchRoKs

More pics.

G1 Sky Garry

Sky Garry Re-Size.jpg

G1 Star Convoy

Star Convoy Re-Size.jpg

Omega Supreme Encore

Omega Re-Sized.jpg

Energon Nemesis Prime Model Kit

Energon Nemis Prime Re-Sized.jpg

Microman Space Rocket Playset (G1 Countdown Re-Color) Really cool Black and Clear Gold Color Scheme.

Countdown Re-Color Re-sized.jpg Countdown Re-Color Rocket mode.jpg

G2 Laser Rod Optimus Prime

G2 Laser Prime Re-Size.jpg

That's all for now.

Thanks for looking!

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wow, that's an awesome collection; thanks for sharing! :thumb 

13. QuickswitchRoKs

More pics!

Some recent finds from the local toystore. If the Alternators Bluestreak didn't make me happy enough already, I stumbled across something quite amazing. They are DragonQuest Replica weapons. Made of hard plastic and VERY highly detailed. They look amazing when wielded by Transformers with matching color schemes (see pics for example) Unfortunately, they only fit in TF's with open hands or with movable fingers. Still, for about 3 dollars a pop, they were definitely worth it and I plan to pick up more the next time I go! Enjoy :) 

Binaltech Bluestreak with sword.

IMG_2712 Re-Sized.jpg IMG_2717 Re-sized.jpg

IMG_2719 Re-Sized.jpg IMG_2721 Re-Sized.jpg

Japan Animated Rodimus Minor with his shiny new sword!

IMG_2724 Re-Sized.jpg

Heres a picture with just the weapons and shields.

IMG_2722 Re-Sized.jpg

14. QuickswitchRoKs

Some pics of what I've acquired during my time in Japan.

Pics of what I've acquired here in Japan:

Masterpiece, Alternity, Various Others [For anyone considering buying the Alternity figures I can't recommend them enough. They are amazing. Like Mini-Masterpiece figures. Now that I have all the different molds. I would have to say, I like Cliffjumper the best. His color is incredible and his the most detailed in my opinion. The Bumblebee/Cliffjumper molds look MUCH better in person. Don't let pictures discourage you from buying them. BBTS has Bumblebee on sale as well. Only $35 new!

As for MP Megatron.....I have been nothing but impressed by the Masterpiece toys I own so far. I opened up MP Megs and :cry . While he does display well and is quite menacing, he is very fragile. I feel as if I'm going to snap him every time I try to move a joint. I'll have to work up the courage to actually transform him.

Bits pop off constantly, he is difficult to stand, and his feet already had cosmic rust when I broke the seal on him. Would I recommend him? Yes. But not as your first Masterpiece figure. Get Prime first. He is perfection. Though any G1 won't regret adding this beast to his collection. They are re-releasing him in March so if you wait, prices might drop. I was lucky and found a MISB one for $100 shipped from Amazon.co.jp :) 

IMG_2897 Re-Sized.jpg IMG_2901 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2902 Re-Sized.jpg IMG_2818 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2813 Re-Sized.jpg IMG_2812 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2815 Re-Sized.jpg IMG_2842 Re-Sized.jpg

D-16S Megatron Re-Issue with Sword [The sword is HUGE. I have an extra MISB D-16-S in a very nice condition box. Will trade the MISB Megs for a Masterpiece Megs]

IMG_2821 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2820 Re-Sized.jpg

Japan Toys R Us Exclusive "Skeleton Convoy" [From what I've read, this is quite rare and expensive. I got him MISB for $25 :) ]

IMG_2801 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2807 Re-Sized.jpg

Animated Shockwave [The picture doesn't do the metallic purple justice]

IMG_2836 Re-Sized.jpg

My Brave collection [If you are a G1 fan like myself, I can't recommend Brave toys enough. They are massive bricky goodness. AND most combine with each other. Some of the combinations are pretty ingenious and, once finished, you end up with a monstrous monster of monstrosity ready to annihilate anything stupid enough to get in it's way! (Super Fire Dagwon with Gun Kid and Lion Sword attached is HUGE. It must weigh 10 pounds.) They are a bit pricey at ~$40 a pop, but well worth it is you can afford them. If you like what you see, check out the Brave forum on TFW. It's very informative. (All Takara versions)]

IMG_2849 Re-Sized.jpg

King Exkaiser!

IMG_2798 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2795 Re-Sized.jpg

Eldoran Series Raijin-Oh and Bakuryu [They both combine into a massive robot but, to be honest, it's very disappointing. The beast modes are excellent though. The dragon that Bakuryu turns into is 27" long. That's 5" bigger than Fort. Max! The Lion from Raijin-oh is one of the most impressive beast modes I've ever seen. I just love the color scheme and presence of the toy]

IMG_2843 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2846 Re-Sized.jpg

One last neat toy I found. This guy look farmilar? If you like Action Master I bet it does! This is a Re-paint of Action Master Optimus Prime. It was released for the Micromaster line which Takara also owns. Quite cool and I only paid $10 so no complaints from me :) 

IMG_2937 Re-Sized.jpg

Thanks for looking. If you want to see more detailed pics of anything, let me know!

15. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome. Love the video game collection. And are those 2 arcade consoles in there?

16. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Wow, some quality rare stuff in there. I'm a lil envious. Congrats.

17. QuickswitchRoKs

The consoles/accessories shown are (from top left to bottom right:

- Sega Game Gear Portable system
    - Nintendo Power Glove -- That thing was damn near impossible to use....
    - Sega Genesis with tray loading Sega CD -- The tray loading Sega CD was released before the more common Sega CD which connects to the side of the Genesis.
    - Japanese Sega Saturn (White)
    - R.O.B. the Robot for the NES
    - A top loading NES
    - Virtual boy
    - A SNES -- The SNES was redesigned at the very end of it's run
    - Black Sega Sports Dreamcast
    - Japanese Sega Saturn (Grey)

Wish I could get out all of my other old and rare systems and take pics for you guys. As the first post states though, I'm out of the country right now and all my stuff is boxed up :( 

I have some interesting things I've found over the years. To be honest, I can't even remember everything I have anymore!

Thanks for looking and the kind words.

18. rohrerprime25

rohrerprime25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    great showing u got there man is that a sega lol

19. QuickswitchRoKs

Victory Saber!!!

Here is my newest toy: Victory Saber!

I was incredible lucky to find both Star Saber and Victory Leo both MIB for only about $400 US. I almost cried when I saw how beautiful these figures are. They were most definitely owned by an adult collector and taken care of.

The only flaws are that Star Saber's Brainmaster is slightly yellow and there are tiny holes in Victory Saber's box where his toes poked out during shipping (he could have been packaged much better.....)

I tried to take pictures in all of the many various modes. If you want to see any more pics, just let me know :) 

Boxes

IMG_2853 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2855 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2858 Resized.jpg

Star Saber's Robot Mode

IMG_2864 rE-sIZED.jpg

IMG_2867 Re-Sized.jpg

Star Saber's Base Mode

IMG_2875 Re-sized.jpg

Star Saber's Jet Mode

IMG_2860 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2861 Re-Sized.jpg

Star Saber's Super Robot Mode

IMG_2868 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2870 Re-Sized.jpg

Victory Leo Robot Mode

IMG_2876 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2880 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2877 Re-Sized.jpg

Victory Leo Lion Mode

IMG_2882 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2883 Re-Sized.jpg

Star Saber + Victory Saber

IMG_2885 Re-Sized.jpg

Combined Jet Mode

IMG_2886 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2887 Re-Sized.jpg

Victory Saber!

IMG_2889 Re-Sized.jpg

IMG_2891 Re-Sized.jpg

20. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Neat stuff! Living in Japan for a while must be a definite plus when in this hobby. I'd love to see some pictures of a Japanese toy store - can you take some for us? Good job finding Victory Sabre - I used to have him but had to sell it for car repairs a few years back. Thankfully I've a damn nice first first edition Star Saber (box is different from yours), but I still need to get me another Victory Leo. I've got a Vectrex with box and a few games iffin you wanted trade. :drool: 

~Z