quick review of TFC Toy Show Exclusive

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by xterry, Mar 4, 2012.

1. xterry

xterry Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OK Guys, Here's some quick review of the TFC Toy Show Exclusives Box set, and the just clear from US Custom at Fab 26th, and Arrive yesterday....yes....from clear to shiped, another week...
    anyway, let's get back to the toy...
    old rule, my English not good, the best result, just google translate my blog...

So back to the toys, of course they change the color of the box, so if you hate the Chinese Red like me, you are lucky, and, you may see, the box acturally are same but just different inside.

and Talk about the Ultra, pretty good paint, and you can have different feel the the old OP, and the Shadow, that's my best buddy, as many people know me, I love the dark side better...so let's talk back the joint, the Targetroids Joint is pretty good, almost all use Ball Joint, and the pose-able is way better then any hasbro legend, and scout, maybe even deluxe.

and how about the sky and Thunder?
    well, the wing is kind of stop the hand's move a little bit, but when it stand there, it's even better then any deluxe seeker. it's easy to tell they really got a good paint.....

oh by the way, for people who sent me a email for order it, or people who fill your pre-order form from AOD, I`ll already send you a email and some people who paid already, will be send out at Monday...
    and They are out stock for now...but will be back stock soon...so you can either send me email (tfc@acm1450.com)for phase-2 online order, or hey bay area people! I live in the bay, so there's some limited number will sale on a toy show in bay area soon. yes, we will work with our good dealer parter, and will have some in-booth offer for preorder upcoming produce. please keep your eye on TFW2005.com XD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How limited were these?

I don't know I'd it's just me, But i dont get these little target masters

3. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Can't wait for mine to arrive :D  I didn't really want the Magnus and Scourge figures, but I'm not sure if I'll be willing to break up the sets and sell them. They look good in the pictures, I guess I'll see how I feel about them when they arrive.

SW and TC look awesome. I'm not even concerned about them being targetmasters or transforming, for all I care they could just be Action Masters. They look great and have lots of character in a small package.

4. xterry

xterry Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it will be 500 worldwide.

5. xterry

xterry Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh by the way, will have some of this guys will sale at this weekend's San Jose Toy Show, can be find at Comic Ink's Booth.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These look great, especially the Seekers. I still wish these weren't so damned limited though.

7. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if anyone knows how to get a set of these, please let me know--would love to have them..at least the white and black Prime.

8. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I got these in the mail yesterday.

As I said above, I think of them as just little Action Masters. The transforming capability is really an afterthought. The prime mold has a good looking gun mode, but the transformation is just folding the barrel out of the legs, fold the shoulders back, and fold the head around. For the seeker mold, the transformation is simple but the weapon mode is just silly. It doesn't look like much, and the wings make it hard for most figures to wield it as a weapon.

So put all that aside and focus on the robot mode. These figures have a lot of articulation since they're all ball joints. Several hinge joints are reinforced by pins, which is always a good thing. Plastic colors and paint apps are good - the blue, purple, and black on the seekers looks great. Magnus has a very nice silver leaf color on his arms and legs that looks really good. Nemesis/Scourge looks great in a matte black finish (different from Skywarp) with red highlights. The prime mold figures have great articulation in both the arms and legs. The seeker mold figures have good articulation, but the arm weapons tend to hit the wings and it limits what you can do with the arms.

The prime mold figures come with a weapon that looks a lot like the classic G1 Prime cannon. They also include this bracket, but I have no idea what it is for or what it does:
    [​IMG]

The instructions don't say, and I have not been able to find any pictures online that show what it is supposed to do.

As I said, forget the transormation. Think of them as little action figures, slightly taller than Legends but far more articulated. All of the figures have a lot of personality and they're fun to have around. I saw reviews on the previous two sets and while I thought they looked great, I never wanted them enough to get them. The only reason I picked these up was because I'm a Skywarp and Thundercracker collector - I have not decided if I want to keep the prime molds or not. While I thought that the Starscream/Rodimus set looked great, I didn't want to get one for the price. Since these sets were characters that are central to my collection, I don't regret paying the price for them at all - like I said, they're lots of fun and have a lot of personality in a small package.

That being said, I was disappointed in the shipping - my set arrived in a box that was cut up to make a smaller box, and the sets had no packing material around them, so it arrived with the boxes crushed on each end, which caused the plastic trays to split apart. Thankfully the figures themselves were intact. While this is normally an annoyance you deal with when shipping, it is bad that it happens with a limited edition collector's item set. Next time, charge a little more for shipping and get them packed right. For $80, a little extra for a well-packed box isn't too much to ask.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. xterry

xterry Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @Cax, in fact that bracket is for putting 2 weapon together ,like this:
    [​IMG]

and sorry about the shipping.....when I go to post office to see if they have any idea for this size box, they say even they have, they need to charge 2~3 bucks for the box, and since the box's size may different, the shipping will kind of 7~8 bucks to mostly area. (SOrry, I`m not sure your zip code, but all box's postage is about 6 bucks), then the post office tell me the cut-box way...and I apologize with what happen, and apologize that I really dont have experance about packing issue.

10. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine about a week ago with the same issues with the banged up boxes. The figures are fine maybe a little loose joint or two but nothing that would make it not stand. I'm undecided too about Ultra Magnus and Nemesis Prime. Just really wanted to complete the seekers.

11. Medri Fogmatio

Medri Fogmatio Autobot

Where can I purchase these? I want to get Shadow / Thunder set...