Quick review: HTFD Voyager Highbrow

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Pasaway

Pasaway Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to see a mold of an older plane like this, repainted with new head and made into seekers.
    I believe there was a comic that had them during the steam age. always wanted toys to go with it.

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DO WANT

also I'm getting a Abe Sapien from his masked mode.
    [​IMG]

3. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I like the plane mode,but robot mode looks kinda goofy to me,and that mask makes him look like some kind of a bug.

4. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Prelude:

Hello Girls 'n Guys - This is my first pictorial review in english, so i really hope it's good enough for you. Let's get started:

At my first look on this guy on a botcon-photo earlier this year i promised me: Bought on sight! So I did it!

Alternate Mode:

Highbrow has a lot likeness with the WorldWar II-Bomber Lockheed P38-Bomber. So his could be another Seeker in my own Movie-Continuity. The Paintapps are really particular and very natural with a very good taste of reality. Much better than a lot of other Movietoys with cheap Paintjobs.Another likeness is with a Star wars Pod-Racer, so there could be a simple Custom to let him switch to the Lucas-Universe! You can exending and retracting the landing gear.
    The two Turboprob-Gears on each side are very huge and looking very powerful. The gears on the top of each are buttons to autorotate the Probs - Very cool detail, copied from Movie Blackout and Incinerator, which could auto-twist they rotors too. On his Wing she has too bis Miniguns and beyond them a lot of Rockets or Bombs

Robot Mode:

First look to the head! When you pull down his mask, he looks very similar too Abe Sapiens from the Hellboy-Movies, supercool and Alienlike. Without the Mask he looks more Human. Like all Voyager-Class-Toys with Rotors (e.g. Blackout & Incinerator and their Repaints) he's only tall as a Huge Deluxe Toy, very sad.

The Arms are very short and have two modes: Rotor-Mode vor chopping down his enemys, and normal mode for fighting with his fists or Miniguns which could be hold in any hand or on the upper legs.
    His legs are Chickenlike with big claws on his feet, i really love the asthetics of them. Some people only fold them down to get normal legs, but a WarBird is also a bird, so he could have chickenlegs :) 

Highbrow is not very posable, cause his hip hase no hinge. i love this really tough guy!

Pics:

Delta6.info - The SciFi-Resource - [Review] HFTD Voyager Class Highbrow

5. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    I hate its arms for now; but maybe some better color combination would help... ... hasbro still have to invest a lot of R&D on TF with propeller(s) this one I 'd pass; next one please...

I have regretted getting the redeco of Blackout (whatever it is called..) & I did not get Incinerator as well...

6. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    So will Peaugh's review be merged with this thread, since his review came later?

I would think it's only fair, seeing as how my review of HA Jazz, got merged with the current HA Jazz thread.

7. ThinkTank Customs

News Credits:
    The only thing is: for what in the hell is the thin under the cockpit?

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    sweeeet.....thanks for sharing.

cant wait to get mine.

9. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    The planeformers have really been a big hit with me from this current movie line. When I saw this at Botcon along with Terradive, I was so tempted to lick the case. :lol 

10. ThinkTank Customs

News Credits:
    Abtoher thing i realized yet: He ha sno factionsymbol! So I think he's really a seeker!

11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Limewire, your leg configuration kills the knee and ankle poseability, it's just awkward. Like I said in the other thread, the 2 indentations on the hips and the blue paint apps on the legs are there for a reason: to allow the hip panels to move in/to be seen in robot mode. Plus, in your configuration, the inner toes would barely need to move for transformation while they go all the way in the slot in the proper configutation. Same thing with the ankle joint: in your configuration, you move the foot in the direction allowing the least movement (30 degrees?) while the correct way makes that part flip 90 degrees. Why would they bother making those parts move so much there if it was not for transformation? I'm 100% positive Peaugh and I have the correct transformation, and I'm pretty sure that's how Hasbro presented it as well.

12. ThinkTank Customs

News Credits:
    maybe you'r right, but it's not neccesary to me, i like my version much better, and you and peaugh like yours. and peaugh use it, cause KO-Toys posted same one.

but let us wait for official pics of the manual or package please :) 

13. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    video reviews don't go with normal reviews

14. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    I like the concept of this a whole lot more than I like the execution. There are all kinds of problems with the robot mode, not the least of which is the horrid color scheme. The vehicle mode would be this toy's saving grace...if the wings weren't microscopic.

15. ThinkTank Customs

News Credits:
    yeah you'r right, like this one right?

[​IMG]

16. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i really WANT to like this guy ~ he's got clever and unique engineering and a woefully under-served alt mode, (plus the P-38 Lighting is one of my favorite planes) but ultimately i'm just finding both modes too busy/messy and the bot mode just kind of ugly. sad. :( 

17. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I gotta be honest. I love the helmet gimmick but when it comes over his head he looks like E.T. That is my only complaint so far. perhaps in person it wont be so disorienting

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Will his video review topic be merged with this non-video review topic?

I really don't think so.

19. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Mmk, seeing that he is actually about the right size for a voyager, definitely picking him up. I dig him.

20. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    Cool... I guess it's okay for me to have a seperate thread than others, if I'm doing a video and pictoral review?

I'm just curious, as I'd like to do my own reviews, with TF's that are accurately represented.

I see too many people make awesome toys like HA Jazz, look like poo, then when I post pics, they're like, "oh, I didn't know that could be done. Buy."