Quick Questions About Trailbreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lunar Archivist, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Short and sweet:

1. Does anyone know how to remove/replace that plastic flip tab on Trailbreaker's roof? I can't figure out how to dismantle the roof to remove (much less replace) it for the life of me...

2. This is almost humiliating to ask since it's a "simple" G1, but the last part of Trailbreaker's transformation has me a bit confused. When you flip his head up, is part of the elbow joint that the head is part of supposed to connect to anything? I can't seem to get it to stay in place...

Thanks in advance for answering some newbie questions...

2. mikey_ak

mikey_ak Member

Trailbreaker is a bit odd. Basically, you level the head with the roof of the cab then slide it forward (chin moving toward windshield) as far as it goes. There's no catch or peg or anything, friction is supposed to hold it there. This move will make his "back pack" formed by the rear portion of the truck cab to slant out at a weird angle. It makes more sense when you attach the two vertical missiles into the notches on the top of the "back pack". With it slanted that way, the missiles point a bit forward.

3. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

The little roof hatch is there so a Diaclone driver could be put in the cab, harking back to the mold's origins :) 

4. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I wish I still had my G1 Trailbreaker...

//weeps

5. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    never owned him...but got the encore one ordered...yeah!

6. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I could've sworn that's exactly what I did. But Trailbreaker's head just kept sliding back and experiencing whiplash when it shot back and smacked on the table. Maybe mine's just really loose? I'll have to retry that. Thanks for the advice, though. :) 

That's interesting! Thanks for telling me, as I always did wonder about that. :)  Now if I could just figure how to remove and replace it...

Aww. I might be able to sell you some parts and/or build you a Trailbreaker from the stuff I have lying around. He might not be minty and need rechroming, but it would be something. :(