Quick Question : T1 decepticon

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ibrahim70, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Ibrahim70

Ibrahim70 Well-Known Member

Hi

Some of you may of seen my other thread about the T1 Leader Class Megatron I saw in Toyrus at the weekend. Well I didnt go back tonight as I got home late from work however..................

I had a flashback.....

And I remember seeing a Voyager (?) Decepticon Helicopter from the first film. Im no good with names (lol) so can someone tell me the name of the Decepticon who appears at the start of T1? Its the Helicopter that transforms and then proceeds to destroy the US airbase.

Thanks

2. AMG

AMG Old School

Blackout.

3. Ibrahim70

Right this local store of mine is actually 35 minutes drive so I want to make sure its worth the drive...

So I'm looking on the net for a picture of Blackout is his box, but it doesnt look like the figure I saw.

It was a Helicopter in the box and his blades were seperate to the body of the Helicopter, it that makes sense. So that when you open the box you have to connect his blades to the copter.

Ring any bells with anyone here?

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Incinerator?

[​IMG]

5. Ibrahim70

:thumbs2:  yea i've just found a pic...

2252470021_4c53e78125.jpg

...so where is he in the first movie then?

I only remember Blackout...and isnt Blackout the same Copter that appears in the BIG fight at the end?

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    He's not in the film as a Transformer, but his alt mode is seen transporting troops.

Blackout was in the end. He'll be known as the first TF in history to be killed by a shot to the taint.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  7. Ibrahim70

Oh ok.

Thanks Bro :thumbs2: 

But I have a quesiton though...

Why would a Decepticon be transporting US troops?

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    because he is not in the movie, just his alt mode, that is in no way a transformer. just a regular osprey aircraft, same way that most of the vehicles that got any screen-time got a transformer made out of them

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Right. It's along the same lines as Blackout being a US military vehicle, down to the serial number. It's implied Blackout shot down the copter he was impersonating, and maybe Incinerator did something similar.

10. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Hasbro released some extra figures in the movie line that were not characters in the movie ie they were regular plain old boring cars and vehicles. They did this to fill out the toyline and reduce the number of repaints. Some of them were in the video game version (like the drones) though. So to answer your question, they just created some characters to fill the line out and based their alt modes off of some vehicles like the Osprey or the Escalade that grabbed the girl's face from the movie.

Dropkick, Incinerator, Evac, Landmine, Stockade, and Wreckage were not in the movie but were made into toys.