Quick question about XBOX 360 points

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by knook, Dec 7, 2008.

1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been planing of getting some DLC but I was wondering, when you buy a certain DLC pack does it keep it on your account so (for instance) if the DLC accidently gets deleted you can download it again for free or do you have to pay again?

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Yes you can redoanload it for free. Either download it from the marketplace or bring up your download history. When ever you purchase something it will show a check next to that item on marketplace. It works well if something is free for a short time (Dead Space suit, Boom Boom Rocket Ad on)) but you don't have the game yet.

3. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the answer, thats awesome but doesn't that also mean that there's a lot of "profile sharing" going around so that people get free DLC (Not going to do it just that was my only thought on why they wouldn't allow it)

4. seven

Nope, DLC is console bound. If you recover a Gamertag it will be disabled on any other consoles. If you play on a console where the DLC wasn't originally purchased/downloaded (if you took your HDD to someone else's house) and aren't signed in to Live you can't use any of it (map packs won't show up, arcade games will revert to trials etc). If you're signed into Xbox Live it will work as usual.

Some things can be exploited though. Betas mostly but you'll generally get a temp or permanent ban for doing it. You can transfer DLC to another console so it can be played offline but that will disable the original.

5. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about if all your information gets wiped on the console you downloaded the DLC on and you have to recover your gamertag

6. seven

Once the GT is recovered juts find the Download History and start downloading it all over again. It can still be played offline since it'll recognize the console's ID number.

7. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for answering all my questions :)