Quick question about TF-Scource.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JetFormers, Sep 23, 2012.

1. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    About to pre-order on a figure, but my question is does, TF-Scource charge you right away or are they like, BBTS where they don't charge you until the item actually ships?

2. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    The 2nd thing, im pretty sure they say this on their site too

3. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

They charge you right away unless you use orderstacking but then you CANNOT cancel the order later on

4. khopson

khopson Well-Known Member

I believe it's your choice. I pre-ordered MP Soundwave, but I chose to have them charge my credit card when the figure comes in. However, regardless of what you decide, you can't cancel a pre-order with them, so be ready to commit. In other words, make sure you really want the figure because you'll be paying for it either way.

5. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

They give you the option on all pre orders, you select from a drop down menu if you want to pay now or later.

6. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I thought you could cancel by calling or emailing them?

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Yep, you can cancel or exchange for store credit if you -really- want to, it's just not as straightforward.

8. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate it when they only charge when the item comes in, if I pre-order it's cause I have the money now, I may not have it down the line when it comes in..

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I was able to cancel an order before with no issues at TFSource. You just have to contact them.

10. Cyberseven

Cyberseven Seeker

It's on their website,but I hope this helps.

Q: What if I want to cancel a preorder from your site?
    Any instock merchandise on an order that is combine shipped with preorder merchandise can not be canceled. For preorder items, we have a no cancellation policy and any preorder placed on TFsource’s website is a commitment and legally binding agreement to purchase. TFsource will take all cancellation requests into consideration, and may offer a chance to apply the purchase to store credit, offer a cancellation fee, or other agreement up to TFsource’s discretion and the nature of the reason for the cancellation. All reasonable requests for a cancellation will be considered, but as most merchandise needs to be committed to up to four months prior to it shipping, and often prepayment to suppliers is required, a large cancellation can have a significant impact on TFsource’s business viability. Therefore we reserve the right to refuse future business dealings as well as seek legal action against any customer that places large volumes of purchases and does not pay.

11. Cyberseven

Cyberseven Seeker

Q: Do you require prepayment for a preorder item?
    TFsource offers a pay now/pay later option on all preorders, that allows you to choose to pay upfront for your preorder, or to pay later when the item arrives in our warehouse.*We will not email each customer letting them know their card was charged unless there is an issue with their payment at the time of processing, instead each customer can check in their login order history to see if their card has been charged for a particular item or not.*

12. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    It must suck to have money that melts in your hand.

But to answer the question, be careful with the card you use to PO from them. You don't get charged until the item comes in, but sometimes, you'll get charged for other things you didn't order...if you catch my drift:lol 

13. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They allowed me to cancel my preorder for Prime Silas Breakdown. Of course it probably helped that I was cancelling because I had just bought regular Breakdown, but still.

And you can pay later on preorders with PayPal, too. They will just email an invoice when the item arrives, but it does guarantee you'll get the piece you want.

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Hence, I use PayPal :D 

15. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    Is this when making the order or can it be done at any time?

16. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have 3 kids and an estranged wife who's making my life hell.. I don't keep money very long.. I either pay for it the day I get paid, or it's gone by the end of the weekend after bills are paid..

17. Cool Hand Lube

News Credits:
    :massive-eye-roll The whole "TFSource got my credit card stolen!" thing is ******ed and blown way out of proportion. It could have (and did) happened to ANY online retailer.

18. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Thanks guy for the info, I just recently put a reserve order on, Skyquake since I missed my chance with BBTS.

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Problem is they didn't own up to it and just blamed it on Sony, which wasn't true...in other words, whatever the vulnerability, it's likely still there waiting for yet another hit.

20. Cool Hand Lube

News Credits:
    I never saw them pass the buck. I saw lots of info from them stating, "Yes, our credit card processor's files were hacked/stolen. Yes, some of our customers are directly affected. We apologize and will do whatever we can to prevent this from happening in the future." What is the online retailer supposed to do at that point? Give people money that they had no hand in taking? It was theft, pure and simple. Just so happens that an online retailer that just so happens to deal almost exclusively to a small fan community had their files stolen, so more customers were affected and vocal about it on the boards. And Target and Sears online sites were also affected in that same hit, but I don't hear anyone going, "Screw Target, man!!!" over it.