Quick question about Takara Masterpiece Stascream USA edition

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi, guys, this is my first post ever on this forum and I need your help. I recently ordered a Masterpiece Stascream USA (hasbro) edition from amazon, when i received the figure it was the Takara version (the USA version, not the grey colored MP-03 version).
    My question is this:

Is the Plastic used in this version of the Takara Starscream the same plastic than the Hasbro USA release (i.e very sturdy as opposed to flimsy)?, in other words this version of Starscream doesn't have the same problems that the MP-03 had with the brittle plastic or am I out of luck?

I ordered the Hasbro version specifically because of the Plastic issue, but i don't know anyone with that version to compare it to, so if you guys could help me clarify this (I've searched for days) it would be really appreciated.
    Thanks beforehand for the help.

2. Megatoron

Megatoron Member

The Takaratomy USA Edition one is the same as the Hasbro one, except more pointy tail fins, less weathering paint on top in jet mode, and an extra Decepticon symbol on the nosecone.

3. Viper08

News Credits:
    Even with regards to the plastic brittleness?, Thanks, so I guess Takara resolved the Plastic problems they had in MP-03 with this release (since it was release AFTER the Hasbro version).
    That means that the MP-03 was REALLY brittle then because this one is ok, but definetly on the flimsy side of the equation compared to other figures, thanks for the reply Megatoron.
    If anyone else has anything to add I'd be glad to hear form you guys, maybe someone can point me towards anywhere where this info might be on the net.

4. addyx2

addyx2 New Member

I too would like to know the answer to whether or not the plastic used is the same. I have the TakTomy USA Edition MP Starscream, but his plastic feels brittle to me.

On another note, anyone know if the plastic used to mold TakTomy's USA Edition's nosecone is blue like the Hasbro release?

5. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    All releases of the mould AFTER the original MP-03 did not have the same issues with the plastic used. In other words, whether you have Skywarp, Thundercracker or ANY of the two anime Starscreams, you're okay.

Moreover, it seems like the most play-friendly release of them all, without glossy paint or extremely stiff joints. My USA edition MP Starscream is by far the most playable seeker I have.

6. Viper08

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info Knightdramon, so i guess I'm in the clear and don't have to worry about this plastic thing anymore, so if this anime starscream that I have is the one with the good plastic, how brittle is the MP-03 version?, it's gotta be pretty flimsy; like I said this starscream is definetly on the thin side (but still the best figure I own).
    Now I can relax and enjoy my figure, thanks for the help guys, I was just trying not to get the short end of the stick here.

7. Viper08

News Credits:
    Hey addyx2 since you won the same exact figure i do, let me ask you a question.
    Does your figure has kind of like dirt in some of the detailing and features of the plastic?
    I know they probably did this to accentuate some of the detailing on the panels, but in some places (like the inside portion of the lower legs) is just a little too much; let me know I'm just curious.
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

8. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    my mp screamer usa edition has the same "dirt" stuff on it on some spots..at first i thought it was grimy hands touching it but...negatory. just paint i guess.

9. addyx2

addyx2 New Member

Yeah I have the same kinda dirt-looking things going on my MP Screamer. I actually like the whole weathering motif, excessive or not.