Quick question about MP Thundecracker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys, anyone with MP TC ( the TRU version just released), can you confirm if his crotch piece actually can be pushed in like the older mould, or is this one of the new retooled parts?
    I'm asking because I thought for a moment that mine was defective since I couldn't push it in, then I saw a review in which the guy asked if the piece could be pushed in ( it's the crotch piece that goes on the bottom of the cockpit when in robot mode).
    Can anyone confirm?, thanks

2. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just opened mine and mine doesn't budge either. I stared at the directions for 5 minutes wondering if I'm crazy, stupid or just weak.

Also, I can't figure out what to do with his back heels for jet mode, and also the tail fins on the instructions are attached the hip and on the figure they are attached to the legs. Certainly seems like the instructions are for a different mold.

3. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I also can't get the stand to work in jet mode...

4. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Mr. America

The instructions are indeed for a different mold. As for those heels, there's a panel above them. Flips that up, flip the heels down into that space, flip the panel back down, & you're done.

5. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks!

6. Have A Cygar

Have A Cygar Well-Known Member

Just got mine today, and have been transforming him and playing around with him for the past hour or so. Yes, the instructions are for the original MP Seeker mold -- that's the first thing I noticed.

I got the stand to work in jet mode, but you have to fiddle with it a bit. First, you need to make sure that his waist pieces are lined up as smoothly as you can get them. Next I would recommend attaching the clear plastic piece to the jet first, and then sliding it on to the base. It's much easier that way. You need to try to get the tab that sticks up on the clear piece notched into the top part of his waist pieces, and then push the raised oval piece on the waist into the oval shaped hole in the stand.

Also, the crotch piece doesn't move on mine either, same as my MP-11 Starscream.

7. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I've been fucking around with the stand for a while. I see how it is supposed to work, but it just won't catch. Maybe I'll get it eventually.

Also, does anyone know what the little blue clasp that was in the bag with the stand and the pilot is for?

8. Optimus Bruce

Optimus Bruce Human Germ

Try putting the "hook" part of the stand over the bottom of his side panels and work back from there.

It's for holding the little mega that came with the MP01 moulds on the underside in jet mode. There's a little hole for it on the underside of the nose/cockpit :thumbs2: 

9. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually just got it! Surprised how much force it took tho.

10. Optimus Bruce

Optimus Bruce Human Germ

Nice one!

Yeah the original had a notch cut into the side panels to fit the stand.