Quick question about BW2 Dirge

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grimlock_13, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Hey all, recently I decided to catch up on my Beast Wars wants and bought Dirge and Thrust both still sealed in the boxes. In robot mode, Dirge's chest/ front half of the plane doesn't seem to want to sit flush with the lower torso...my RiD Skyfire doesn't have this issue so I was curious if it was a widespread issue or something was wrong with mine (even though it doesn't appear there's anything wrong with the mechanism or any extra rough plastic that's getting in the way). It really isn't that big an issue I was just curious about it more than anything else.

Thanks!

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Have you checked for any flash, or confirmed the landing gear is all the way in? I'm at work and can't check mine.

3. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    I did, it looks clear. But it never hurts to double check, I'll do it again when I get home from work.

4. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Common problem with the Machine Wars Rafale design. Assembly is one issue, but molding might be another. I'm not sure but the waist/cockpit connector strut might be molded a bit too thickly but maybe was remolded for the RID release. I don't remember for sure if there was a remold or not, or maybe it's just an assembly issue.

I do know that with the last release, Botcon Waspinator, disassembling and reassembling the geared/sliding panel mechanism and resetting it by 1 gear notch, allowed Waspinator to be flush in robot mode.

5. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Awesome, thanks! I may do that if I get bored to see if it will fix the problem. :) 

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    mine is fine, so it must not be too widespread, or i got lucky... hopefully taking it apart will fix it...

7. Drift

Drift Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine has this problem. It'll go back a little more to sit flush but won't stay

8. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I have the Botcon, RID, BW2 and Machine Wars versions of this mould, and the only ones which sit flush are the BotCon and RID versions.