Quick one about reissue Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was just going trough my collection and realized my TC (the TRU Reissue) only came with one set of missiles (the Null rays), so I went back to the box (one of only 3 boxes i've kept over time) and found the other set of missiles (the ones that look like a the blunt end of a spear on the original issue), now my question is; are they supposed to stick out so much from the launcher (in the pics of the originals i see that it fits flush, so those must be a lot shorter)?.
    I thought of cutting them but then there is no indentation at the end so it can lock inside the missile launcher.
    Can anyone confirm that they are supposed to be like that?, if they are it's ridiculous since they are practically useless.
    Thanks guys for the reply.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yup, they were legthened for "safety reasons" IMO they are just garbage, that's why you go for the encore ones

3. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a load of crap, these are not for kids, they are for collectors (and yes i know someone somewhere is going to get it for a kid and it might choke on it, so i understand why its being done, after all they are still only toys), you know what i mean, the parents are not (usually) gonna get their kids a toy that looks like is from the 80's, they'll get the new crap they are selling nowadays like pokemon or power rangers that their kids are asking them for, specially at the prices of the reissues.
    But theym being longer, wouldn't they pose a HIGHER risk of chocking?
    Who knows, i guess we're stuck with what we got (at least the null rays on the reissue are IMO cooler than the originals).
    Thanks for the reply

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    lol thats wat i was thinking myself

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i couldn't stand the nullrays, but at least they don't break with slight pressure i guess,