QUICK MR. BAY, you can still IMPROVE the movie before DVD/Bluray!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mixed Lovers, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Mixed Lovers

Mixed Lovers Member

HURRY MR. BAY, you can still FIX THE MOVIE before the dvd/BluRay!!!!

Even though the movie has already come out, there's still a chance for us to CONTACT Bay and convince him to use the profits to remake as many robot/CGI scenes as he can.

This movie's clearly going to be the most successful of the trilogy, so Bay can put the money to good use....He can postpone the DVD/Bluray release, and use the profits to rehire as much of the cast/crew as necessary (Ehren Krueger, robot voice actors, CGI animators, Steve Jablonsky, etc.) and recreate some of the disappointing robot scenes in the movie, especially the displeasing ending.

But Bay can't get this idea unless we tell him. Maybe he'll see this thread BUT in case he doesn't, we must send letters to him, OR to Paramount to tell him for us.

Obviously not all of the robot/CGI can be redone, but seeing some of them improved is better than seeing none of them improved at all. The remade scenes could be completely CGI, including the backgrounds (which can be matte-paintings). Then when the DVD/Bluray comes out, we could get BOTH presentations on one disc, or on separate discs in the same box.

Here's my personal input on fixing the ending. Prime killing both Megatron and Sentinel made him look like a total prick. Here's why, and how it can be fixed:

The death of Megatron:

So Megatron saves Optimus's life and offers a truce, and then Prime immediately attacks him, and kills him in three seconds...This pissed me off for 2 reasons. Reason #2 is more important:

(1) It doesn't matter what Megatron's motivations were. Megatron still saved Optimus and offered a truce when he could've just shot him instead. Optimus immediately attacking him makes him look ungrateful, and it contradicts his supposed nobleness/civilness (whichever is the appropirate term).
    When Bay digitally remakes the scene, he can have Optimus try to argue with Megatron into just going back to Cybertron (like the novel), the argument can get heated to the point where Optimus finally realizes Megatron won't agree, and THEN he has no other choice but fight to the death.

(2) That 3-second fight, what a disappointment!....Bay said that this movie was supposed to make us FORGET Revenge of the Fallen, but this 3-second fight only reminded us of what a wuss Megatron was in the 2nd movie....In the 1st movie Megatron was a super-badass, and that's exactly what I was hoping to see in the 3rd movie. When Bay digitally remakes this part, the fight should be MUCH longer. Megatron doesn't need to be stronger than Optimus. It can be an even fight. We can use the "all-spark excuse" for him being not as strong as he was before. The fight should be more suspenseful so we can actually be uncertain about who's gonna win the fight..

The death of Sentinel:

Remake the interaction between Optimus and Sentinel before he dies.

It's already bad enough because this scene shows Optimus being a sadistic/cold-blooded executioner, like the 2nd movie (We were supposed to FORGET that piece of shit, Michael!)....but what makes it even worse is that Sentinel turns into a cowardly wuss, which makes no sense.

Before this scene, the movie was making Sentinel out to be a Megatron-level badass: He fought Optimus twice, and won both times single-handedly. Sentinel was capable of defeating any autobot in single combat...but suddenly when he's about to be shot he just begs for his life? This contradicts Sentinel's earlier impact on the audience....BUT it also makes Optimus look like a cold-blooded jerk. Earlier in the movie, Sentinel spared Optimus's life, and then in their next fight, Optimus was begging Sentinel to stop trying to kill him. So when Optimus executes Sentinel, and Sentinel is the one begging, it makes Optimus a hypocrite.

What Optimus did to Sentinel was WORSE than what he did to Demolisher in RotF. Sentinel was 1) defenseless, 2) making no attempts to threaten Optimus, 3) he was admitting defeat, AND 4) he was expressing sorrow for his actions. With all that, there's nothing entertaining about a character as civil as Optimus responding to these 3 elements by blasting Sentinel in the head when he was begging for mercy. And there was no reason for Optimus to refuse mercy at this point: Sentinel's plan had failed, the decepticons are all dead, and his plan can't be redone, so there's no need to kill Sentinel anymore.

When Bay digitally remakes this part of the movie, it can be done in two ways:

(A) Instead of begging Optimus to spare him, Sentinel accepts his fate, just like the badass he came off as....Before Optimus shoots him, Sentinel turns his head to Optimus and says "Goodbye, old friend." (It can be said in a semi-evil tone)...and THEN after he's dead, Optimus can say: "You left me no choice, brother." (reference to the 1st movie.)....This would be good, because it would make the audience realize that if Sentinel lived, he might try to kill the autobots for revenge. (As of now, the movie never makes clear wether Sentinel was truly sorry or not, but the sadness in his voice implies that he never meant to do bad things.)

(B) Optimus doesn't kill Sentinel at all. Sentinel dies from the wounds caused by Megatron. Optimus wants to save him, but he can't be healed. And Sentinel gives a final apology to Optimus before he shuts down. (That's exactly what he seemed to be doing before Optimus shot him.)

Finally: give Shockwave a stronger presence.

This was one of the worst things about the movie. Shockwave was advertised as the main villain of the movie, they made it look like he was going to be someone who could make Megatron look like a wuss...Okay, okay, I understand that Michael lied about Shockwave because he wanted to surprise us with Sentinel, but still, Shockwave turned out to be a dialogue-less pushover whose arm-gun is practically useless. That was pretty much a slap in the face to those who were expecting Shockwave to be a badass in this movie.

When Bay digitally remakes Shockwave's screentime, there can be some "dark banter" between him and Optimus when we see him for the first time....Either that, or it could be only Shockwave that talks and Optimus just listens...Either way, Bay could also edit some of the human shots to make it look like the humans are watching what's going on.

Later, there could be other scenes with Shockwave talking to other decepticons (including Megatron, maybe during the African scene).

Finally, remake his death. Don't make him go out like a wuss. Let him still be able to fight impressively despite his eye dangling from his face, or at least get some "lucky hits" with his arm cannon, which should be made stronger.

That's all my input so far. Don't forget that we have to INFORM Bay of this idea. Send a letter, send an e-mail, OR send it to the studio.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well there might already be deleted scenes or an alternate ending, but I doubt MB's gonna go back and fix these scenes. Although I fully agree with and support these ideas.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    tl;dr

However I got the jist, and I say noooooooooooooooooo.

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not a chance for any of this. Prime is a dick. That's how it is. Be thankful he didn't force the name "Goldbug" on Sentinel before pulling the trigger.

Prime - Ha ha, you shall be know as Goldbug...for about two seconds.

Sentinel/Goldbug - What?

Prime - *Boom!*

5. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    An alternate ending would be great

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I'd settle for dubbing "Mirage" and "Wheeljack" into the dialogue.

7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Movie just needs a longer speech to close it out. Other than that, it's fine.

8. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I was fine with SP's death, except for one thing: I really wish Optimus used Sentinel's Rust Cannon against him. Maybe even while saying "This one's for Ironhide!"

9. vbann

vbann Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    give shockwave more lines that someone can understand other than "optimus prime"

it was also weird that when megs, ss, and soundwave met in the africa scene, shockwave was nowhere, hell shockwave didnt have any interaction with ANY of the decepticons (unless you count driller)

10. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:

This and this!

11. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I gotta be honest...as much as I loved the movie for the most part, this was the worst portrayal of Optimus Prime in any piece of fiction I've seen. There's really no fixing that, unfortunately.

12. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Do you honestly think that Bay and the studio are going to go back, spend MILLIONS of dollars, push the Blu-Ray/DVD release PAST Christmas, which would cost them money, just to remake the movie, just so a handful of fanboys can have a fangasm? Sorry, but that is just delusional.

13. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

^ This

14. syclonefs

syclonefs Rogue-Prime

News Credits:
    I can see a alternate ending to this film and a directors cut of the film with the twins still intact cuz u can see them in the film clearly in the back ground( my wife pointed them out at least a dozen times in the film) so we know the cgi was made for them and everything. Now again this is wishfull thinking tho and the possiblities of this happening is VERY SLIM. On the note of things I would like a complete box set of all three movie in the version of them all with blue ray dvd dig copy ect. added to them with every little bit of content to them possible. will this every happen again VERY SLIM.

15. just1nj

just1nj pro genji

keep it as is.

16. XGL Walker

XGL Walker Well-Known Member

Naw more like "From now on you´ll be known as shitpiece!"

17. Sgt-mike-larry

Sgt-mike-larry Well-Known Member

Completely agree, ending was terrible I actually let out a massive what the f*ck?! When I viewed this so called ending. I would also like to watch a version of this movie where it was about transformers and not a massive Micky Bay hard on for the military. I came to see "transformers" not Sams adventure with the army...with robots. With that said I can not un-watch a film so in my eyes it never happened, like a terrible one night stand that ended up waking next to a beluga whale. Mooooose!

18. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    As much as I would love to see it done, it probably won't happen.

19. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

Putting a human on the screen costs a couple hundred dollars, putting a CGI robot on the screen costs a couple thousand. The budget for the movie would not allow for wall to wall robots, it would be far too expensive.

20. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    The ending being what it is and so many major players being killed after the dust settles, and Bay leaving just points to Reboot since Hasbro and Paramount both obviously want more from this cash cow.

As for the above suggestions I just do not see Bay doing any of this.