Quick Masterpiece KO question..

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Rijie78, May 29, 2012.

1. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    ... for those who enjoy KOs and/or may be "in the know": has there ever been word of an oversized MP Grimlock?

Just curious, as we've had downsized MPs, every KO MP Seeker possible, and even "original" unofficial MPs forthcoming (Ironhide/Ratchet/Soundwave).. but often wondered if we'd see an oversized Grimlock, given the common gripe about the official one's height.

(No discussion of the rights or wrongs of KOs, please. We've heard it all before & it's not the question here, cheers folks :)  )

2. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Sorry mods, not seen that KO stuff gets moved out the "Toy" forum now. No wonder I couldn't dig up any MP KO-related chat.. ahem...

3. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    I can't see how it could be done and kept affordable to be honest. Many KO's use cheap plastic and something that size would require a quality plastic to ensure it didn't just fall apart....would love to see it happen though.

4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    That would be epic and I'm sure it would sell like hot cakes.

I'd have a crack at kitbashing Slag, Snarl and Sludge too.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see it. And if it were inexpensive, competitively, I'd probably even be interested in buying it.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'm surprised iGear hasn't even hinted at an upscaled Grimlock. I know a lot of fans would spring for it. They could probably offer it up in G2 turquoise and blue, Overkill, and Shattered Glass colors.

7. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    They are supposedly doing MP Dinobots so it may well happen yet :D 

8. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Yep, although "not holding your breath" and iGear go hand-in-hand, they did post this in December:

[​IMG]

As for an upscaled knock-off that costs less than the real thing... I sincerely doubt it and if it happened, you probably wouldn't want it.

9. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

personally i dont' think igear would do an oversized grimlock as the current one is perferctly sized to their pp-01. if there were to make "non pp" series MP styled dinobots and make all of them "MP" sized correct to MP-10....I'd be ALL OVER THAT. I'd get all 5 and maybe multiples of my favorite 2 or 3.

come to think of it, the dinsoaurs shown say "new series" as in NOT PP, so we MAY get proper sized MP dinobots after all....mabye this is why we are geting grimlock again. makes no sense to make an mp grimlock in the current size since well....other than size mp grimlock is near perfect in most regards. that or they are gong the other route and making them smaller (Wchih i'd likely not be interested in).

10. Satomiblood

Now I'm not a scale nut, but we've seen media where Grimlock towers over Prime, so a version that's bigger than their PP-01 would make sense. But it's sort of difficult to put any sort of stock in scale when we're talking about G1.

11. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Um MP Grimlock is in scale with PP-01 as it towers over Faith Leader/not Optimus Prime.

12. Satomiblood

Interesting. I always thought Faith Leader was as tall as MP-8 for some reason. Must've mistook a shot of MP-10 for Faith Leader when looking for size comparisons with MP-8.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  13. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    I'd prefer to see a more scientifically accurate take on Grimlock myself, a less Godzilla, more horizontal stance T-Rex. But that's just me.