Quick Marvel Legend questions

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Matrix Soul, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Is the Variant version of Bishop (bald head) supposed to have the red bandana? (it does in the back of th packaging)

What's up with the white sasquatch?

How come the Red Iron fist looks like he has a patch of hair or bird doodie on his mask?

Are any of these figures worth the $20 price tag?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bishop variant: The final version ended up without the red bandana. White Sasquatch is a variant. I guess he's supposed to be snow-covered. Red Iron Fist: He's supposed to be a crazed, evil version, and yeah, that is patches of hair ripping out from his mask. Personally I think $20 is a rip-off for a variant.

3. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

The White Sasquatch is an alternate reality Heather Hudson from the Exiles. I don't know if Sas was ever white in the regular 616 universe.

And on that note, I must restate my demand for ML versions of Mimic, Blink, Nocturne and Morph!

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
  5. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I forgot all about Sasquatch's gender-bending experience. I actually thought the white version was supposed to be Wendigo. At least that's what I read somewhere and thought of myself when I first saw the variant pic.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    toyfare made some sort of comment about the white version awhile back, commenting on like 4 characters that it could be

7. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

That's why I bought it. The character of Sasquatch doesn't interest me and I was only going to buy him at all if I found the white one to use as Wendigo.
    I did, and so a mini-diorama of the cover of Hulk #181 is ready to go, space permitting, which will also put the Series 9 Green Hulk variant to use. :D 

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    While we're asking quick questions how does everyone display their ML? I ask because these things can never stand by themselves, and less than half come with functional display stands, and even if you used them it would take up loads of space.

Anyway, just curious, most of mine are in a big tub.

9. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    Mine are all displayed on shelves by team/series (incl. SMC, XMC, and HC) all standing on their own rather easily.

10. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Yeah, what is up with some figs not having holes for the clear stands? When I finally opend my Ast. Wolvie, I was upset that he didn't have the hole for me to put him on an extra stand I have. So I just put him on the top of my Sentinel clawing away instead :thumb  I have Cyclops in the Sentinel's tendril and am just looking for a Colossus to complete my mini scene.

11. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

The vast majority don't have holes for the pegs/stands. Only a few ever had them (Deadpool, ML VIII Cap, Black Widow for starters) until suddenly, the entire Sentinel wave had them. I think any that have shown up since then have been due to reused torsos, though there may be exceptions.

And all of mine are standing just fine and have been so on the same shelf for months. The X-men are mostly straddling the Sentinel bases for some support and a few more are on a relevant base (GR, ML 11 Logan cycles; round '4' bases from the FF box set), but the rest are standing ontheir own.