Quick health question, maybe.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DaggersRage, Jan 13, 2012.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Hey guys. So I've been running daily, at least a mile to a mile and a half each day.

I'm not sure at how far in it happens, but I'll feel a bit of a sore pain in my right side, feels like its under my rib cage and in my right elbow. I know if I try not to go too fast the pain may know show up at all, but I am trying to cross that mileage as quickly as possible.

I don't know if this is something I should be concerned about, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what it means.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I've experienced similar things during long-distance jogs and runs. The response I got from a fellow health professional was that the mesentery - that richly innervated membranous construct that supports your gut - can get jolted around during strenuous physical activity, resulting in harmless pain that's commonly felt beneath the ribcage and is sometimes referred to elsewhere in the body. She's been in the business for close to thirty years now, so I think she knows what she's talking about.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Is it a stabbing pain, a throb, or an ache? Is it only while you run? How long does it last?

Are you stretching before you run?

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    It's incredibly common, just raise your arm as you run and it'll go away. It'll stop eventually.

5. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Yeah...the best is when you puke and then keep running...oh gawd that sucked.