Quick fix for "pins"??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cranckasional, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Cranckasional

Cranckasional Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone know a fix for loose figures that have these little "pins" were the joint is loose??

I am asking this because many of the new dotm line has this instead of screws (economic reasons I guess) and they are pretty loose joints. I tried adding nail polish to my megatron but it only help a little bit, not a whole lot. anyone have an idea?

2. DeeKay

DeeKay Minicon

I've never tightened a pin joint, but I have replaced a missing one. My classics Rodimus was missing the pin in one of his wrist. I straightened a small paperclip, folded it in half to make it fit tight, stuck it in the hole until the folded end of the clip was even with one side of the hole and clipped off the excess from the other side. It's worked since then. If you can push the pins out of the loose joints this might work to make them tighter.

3. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Put a drop of super-glue at the top of the joint (right at the tip of the pin) and let gravity pull it down. Work the joint back and forth for a few minutes while the glue dries. You'll feel it tighten up as it dries. Just don't forget to work the joint or you'll glue it shut.

And if you try the Radicons section next time, you should be able to find tutorials for fixes like this, plus a whole lot more!