Quick Beast Wars question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Backscatter, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since there seems to be BW topics today I thought I'd ask.

http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=view&al...ic=Tele_DX_Convoy07.jpg&dispsize=1000&start=0

I had to get this Munky. :D  To me it looks more like Optimus Prime in a gorilla suit than Optimus Primal. I think Primal (if I remember correctly) only raised his face shield once in BW. Anyway, for you BW experts, it here a reason this Convoy looks more like Prime than Primal?

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    That's how the original toy looked which was designed before the show. The toy was originally concepted to be Optimus Prime, just reformatted, meanwhile to emote better the show added in his familiar mouth and only showed him with the face plate two times if memory serves. I still prefer the remold version with the mouth.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thank you! So this Convoy really is an "Optimus Prime".:wink:  I also agree that Primal looks better with a mouth. It's what sets him apart form G1 Optimus Prime.

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got dat munky last year. TM-SP DX Convoy. i luv it. :thumb  one of the better BW repaints IMO.

For those who have never had the original version. this figure is highly recommended.