quick ? about the swords on the arms of the rotf op. are they really a problem?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by pactron, Jan 8, 2011.

1. pactron

pactron Well-Known Member

are they really a problem? should get the hook version because of this?

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Which ROTF Optimus are you talking about?

3. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

My guess is the Leader Optimus w/ the blades...and if so, to answer the question. I haven't had any real problems with mine, they don't always click into place when you want to fold them back into the arm while posing him or transforming him, but all in all I still rate the figure A- (only because it's ROTF, otherwise it'd be an A+ for the Buster version).

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I'd say yes. I can't tell you how many times I've been fiddling with this guy and his swords have popped out or prevented arm rotation. If they bother you too much you can remove them, though. Can't say if Battle Hooks Prime would be a better substitute, though aince I don't own him.

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I can say that both (Hooks and Blades) are equally annoying, but not THAT much. You just can't have his arms straight with them folded up,that's all.

6. optimus12380

The question should then be asked, if both are equally annoying which looks better? I have to say the blades look pretty darn cool and movie accurate from one of the best movieverse fight scenes. Plus, let's face it...hooks really don't strike fear in decepticon foes.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They do restrict the arms when folded up. However I took mine's out mostly for a better look. I don't know if the hooks are any better.

Grindor would disagree, like, a billion times over.

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Well, I have mentioned before that I got the HFTD version (hooks) because ROTF wasn't available here. I really think it's still a solid figure and the hooks look pretty good (and if you fold the point of the hook it still looks sort of like a blade). It has the faceplate-less version which is a matter of preference (i don't mind it and I repaired the battle damage around the face).

Still, if you ask for my honest opinion, ROTF Prime is still the superior version, but if you only can get the hooks version, it's really not bad at all (pictures make him seem worse than he really is)

Hope that helps the OP.

9. optimus12380

Was he even in the movie? I remember the toy from a few years ago, but I have no earthly idea who the character is or if he was even in the movie...then again, outside of OP and BB I found the movie hard to follow. I know he's not a G1 character, so I guess I'm still in the 80's on this one.

But anyways back to the original post, if you're looking for a ROTF Optimus I'd suggest searching for the Buster Prime version if your budget will allow the purchase. I was fortunate and found him on sale for $60 about 6 months ago. The details in the paint scheme and chrome make a huge difference on the leader class figure.

10. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

He's the guy who had his face ripped apart by Prime's hooks during the forest battle. The repaint of Blackout.

11. optimus12380

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I didn't get that much into the movies and the characters outside of OP & BB, but I'll save my Bayformers dissing for another thread...

12. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

The swords are a minor nuisance but for how great the rest of the toy is they can be over looked. And they can be removed if you want.

13. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I haven't had a problem with them on mine, but I almost always have them deployed, so that's likely a big reason why. Most people say they won't stay clipped in and hinder the articulation at the elbow.

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    There were during the transformations. It was already fairly involved, but those motherfuckers went off constantly and I eventually took them off. The look good in robot mode, but scratch the paint on the inner arm flap.

15. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always had a problem with them hindering arm articulation at the elbow in Robot mode.

Those Blue Flaps at the shoulder have no where else to go. It's my biggest fault in the figure.