Quetion about a toy stores credibility.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thalack, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello there,

I was looking for online websites that sell transformers to get some prices on the new Jetwing Optimus Prime and find sites who have them for preorder. I came across one site I've never heard of and am cuious if anyone knows if it is credible or not. For all intets and purposes, it does appear to be credible and valid but I figure safer to ask then get screwed.

The site is Ages Three and Up — Welcome

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you very much for your help and time.

2. oxidative

oxidative last chance to evacuate

I've had no issues with them. Apparently there was some drama a few years ago but I will let others speak to that since I'm not well versed in it. I ordered some Masterpiece Prime tall stacks and some G1 Prime stacks back in the fall without issue. Years ago I ordered TFC #6 Megatron to get around the orange plug BS without issue as well.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    They used to be a sponsor here. They were good, but went through a bad patch a while back, I'm not personally familiar with the story or what their current rep is, though. I have brought from them in person when I was in Canada and they were great to hang out with. Even held me an Animated Lugnut back when they were first sighted that weekend.

4. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're legit - I believe they also have a retail store. I've dealt with them and have had no problems.

Also, the phrase is "for all intents and purposes" ;) 

-Silvershot

5. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know not of what you speak, as thats exactly what I said. :eek:  (edit ftw) :p 

Quick responses, thanks. So far they seem to have the cheapest price and shipping on the jetwing prime and I'm really looking forward to getting him. I know one online site estimated the shipping would be about $40 for him and I just about fell over since thats the cost of a leader class.

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Ask Batman, he knows them.

Supposedly they were good, then bad, then they sold to someone new, who is good.

7. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

never heard of them.

8. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the story give or take the least negative view.

Several years ago it was a pretty respectable store until owner got screwed over by a supplier. Instead of refunding the money or being upfront about it to people who paid for preorders he tried to used the preorder payments to find another supplier. Because people had generally had good experiences they didn't think too much but as weeks turned into a month and then several months people started screaming bloody murder when the owner's story didn't add up to the fact. It didn't help that before the incident they had just open up a retail store and were not giving the online customers the service the customers were used too.

Ultimately he sold the site to a new owner. I'm unsure if they sold the store also but I would assume so.

EDIT: For comparison, people may be complaining about BBTS and Windchargers/Frenzy/Rumble/Warpath but if you pay attention you'll notice that this is a manufacturing issue as everyone is in short supply (BBTS, TFSource, Robotkingdom, etc). During the A3U incident all the other retailers had gotten and shipped their items while A3U was waffling. Another part of the reason people panicked/got pissed was that after three months they still hadn't gotten any concrete info and the items were starting to be sold out everywhere else.