Queston about G1 commemorative series

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ace96, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I have found most out of this series, but for Ironhide, Trailbreaker, and Ramjet are MIA. Did these get produced? They are on Hasbro's checklist but that doesn't mean anything. Where can I find them? I found most on ebay.

2. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    None of them were made as part of the TRU reissues. Takara did make a bookstyle Ironhide though. And there is e-Hobby reissue Ramjet, but that is more expensive.

3. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    No bookstyle Ironhide reissue, they re-issued both him and Ratchet as e-hobby collector's edition (pretty much same box as the originals) and in limited numbers.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No they didnt.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Test shots of Ramjet showed up on ebay at the time, but that's as far as he got. Ironhide and Trailbreaker showed up in store computers, but whether they made it to even the test shot stage is unknown.

6. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Thanks. The movie has really got my interest back in Transformers again. I have forgotten how much I enjoyed the originals.

Hasbro lists Ricochet as well as Stepper. Whats the difference? Most have referred to them as the same robot.

7. Prime64

Prime64 In state of deep blue

Yeah it's the same thing except for the packaging.

Richochet = Hasbro
    Stepper = Takara

8. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    And the chrome on the Takara version nonTargetmaster gun, while Hasbro used plastic. I bought the Hasbro version of Stepper though. :D 

Oh yeah, they did say a while back Artfire might be re-issued. But that will never happen, not that I know of.

9. Prime64

Prime64 In state of deep blue

Just checked out what a Hasbro Stepper looks like. I see they have those long hideous missles, and they're unchromed as well (huh? because of potential poisoning maybe??). Now I'm glad I got the Takara version, even though I only attach his targetmaster.

Right now, I'd be more than happy if they would bring out the reissues again. New molds that haven't been re-released yet, as well as Artfire. They should capatalize on it while the movie's out.

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toxicity is not an issue. I think if Hasbro used anything that was toxic once it hits consumer level, they'd recall the product entirely.

It's just a physical impossibility in this case. Hasbro used a different type of plastic for the guns and missiles, that while more durable, chrome won't take to it.