Questions you would ask Hasbro at SDCC of you were there.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LigerPrime, Jul 7, 2012.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure where to post this but I decided to post this here because for me it would be toy related. My apologies if this should have been posted in the TF General Discussion.

My question would be...going forward will we be seeing a downsizing of TF toys? Reason for this is because for the last few TF lines, the toys we're getting have been getting smaller. E.g. DOTM, TF Prime and now FOC figures.

On the flip side, we're seeing a more complexed and detailed Cyberverse toys. The DOTM commander class figures were really pressing e.g. Optimus, Megatron, Blackout etc.

Seems like Hasbro may follow the Beast Wars TF's example of downsizing to save costs, which in this case would be production costs!!! LOL!

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Did they? The Beast wars figures seem ok to me. The deluxes are quite normal imo.

3. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I would ask them why the hell do the Prime Voyagers have weapons that suck way worse than the ones we got in DOTM.

4. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On a scale of 1 to 'Super', how gay is Knockout?

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The obvious question in light of recent threads would be "Two-part question - Is Hasbro releasing some version of voyager Breakdown or not, and if not - fuggin' WHAAA!?"

(insert smiley here)

6. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I'd be interested in this as well, are we just simply getting smaller figures, or will they consider releasing larger figures at a higher price point? At this rate, We'll be seeing a return to the Micromasters :lol 

7. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    What went wrong during the design process of Deluxe Airachnid?
    Compared to this time last year, how well is the Transformers brand doing on a monetary level?
    Are you able to shed some light on the remaining 40 Generations toys that are scheduled to come out next year? Will the line expand to include characters from other shows like BW and will more comic characters get toys?
    Will any of the Asia Exclusive Generations toys be released in the US?
    Are you surprised by how well the Transformers community is responding to FOC Bruticus?
    Are there any plans to limit the amount of Optimi and Bumblebees in a case?
    When is Breakdown expected to show up Stateside and how different will he be from the Arms Micron version?
    Will we see more Baseformers released under the Cyberverse Maximus price point, or was Optimus Maximus a one off?

8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I posted this in a thread in the News forum so I'll just quote it here:

I really hope someone at the IDW TF panel asks Mike Costa if he stands by his comments he made on the Underbase podcast too.

9. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Would Mike Costa be around the TF Panel? He isn't writing anything for them right now, but yeah, I'd like to see what is reaction to the near universal praise More Than Meets The Eye has gotten with a writer who knows how to handle characters he deemed practically unrelatable.

10. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    In what possible way does it make sense to to make the game accurate Bruticus a convention exclusive. I really want to know their thinking behind this.

Don't waste time asking why something sucks ie. prime weapons, airachnid.

AND PLESE NO-ONE ASK ABOUT UNRELEASED DOTM TOYS - THEY'RE DONE!!!

11. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    People acting like this kinda makes me understand Costa's feelings towards the fanbase. Just let it go.

12. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Where's mah voyager Breakdown?!

:p 

13. TFfanmaiku

TFfanmaiku The robot and brony guy!

14. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    A million times this.

15. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would ask why the mass release FOC combaticons are in oddly bright colors instead of game accurate colors like SDCC exclusives?

16. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

I would ask them if they're done making Bumblebee toys.

17. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I've got a few questions:

-With Transformers Generations starting up again in 2013, can we expect characters of other continuities to get the Classics treatment? I mean, the Fall of Cybertron toys look nice, but I wouldn't mind a few new Beast Wars toys to be announced in the 40 Generations toys you have planned.
    -Are there any plans on bringing Masterpiece Starscream v2, Sideswipe, Soundwave, and Red Alert to the states?
    -There has been a rumor going around that there would be a Masterpiece Thundercracker released in the US as a TRU exclusive. Is this true?
    -Why the need to sell some of the newer toys as Asia exclusives? Don't you think that's even the tiniest bit of a dick move towards fans who really wanted those toys to come to North America?
    -With Animated airing on the Hub now, will there FINALLY be a DVD release of season 3? Or perhaps a boxed set of the entire series?
    -Since Saban got the rights back to all of their shows, including Transformers RID, is it possible that the show can finally be released on DVD in the states?
    -Why are you releasing the game-accurate FOC Bruticus as an exclusive and the Energon-colored version as retail when logically it should be the other way around?
    -While I don't collect Transformers Prime toys, and since everyone else has said it, will we see Voyager Breakdown released in the USA? If so, eyepatch or no eyepatch?
    -Are there any plans to continue the Human Alliance line in Prime?
    -Have you ever thought of bringing back the Alternators line?
    -Since Transformers 4 is actually happening, are there any gimmicks planned for the toyline, i.e. Mechtech, Mech Alive, Automorph?

18. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'd ask them will Breakdown be coming to the US? :) 

19. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:

I would consider these to be intelligent questions. However there are some questions, that they cannot /will not answer, such as anything related to money and marketing strategies. I also wonder why and would ask if they did consider Airachnid for a voyager, rather than a deluxe

Due to Nerd Rage of late, I could not ask these questions without a tone of "HASBLO WY U NO WANT MY MONIES?!"

Also some someone should ask if they want to kick Paramount's Ass for delaying G.I. JOE for another 8-9 months :stick: 

20. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    why up the price of deluxes if they are being downsized and have cheaper plastic?