Questions you want answered at the Q&A panels this years BotCon.

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Autovolt 127, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    BotCon's this weekend so that means lots and lots of panels but the fact is I can't be their in person but i have questions i want asked, so anyone who's going this year to the panels can these and many other questions people want to ask get answers.

At the Toy Panel I want to know why the overstocking of Bumblebee in every case and line while army builders like Vehicons or more important charecters like Airachnid and Dreadwing are one per case?

At the Prime panel I want to know if the show runners and writers are starting to take notice of the show's many flaws like the fact it must be epic and jossing almost every plot detail from Breakdown's possible defection to the Synthethic Energon formula and Project Iacon? and Wheeljack not being able to just join the team.

And for David Kaye are you now able to reveal the charecter your voicing for Prime?

2. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    * Will their be a follow up novel to Exiles? It ended on a bit of a cliffhanger with the introduction of the Star Seekers?

* What's the deal with the Star Seekers anyway? Were they created for Exiles? Or for the Asian MMO that's using them? Will they show up in more US material? And why "Thundertron" rather than an existing character?

*Are their anymore Rescue Bot robots coming? And what's the chance of Rescue Bot Decepticons as their doing a human criminal toy now...

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    * Can Hasbro comment as to the recent unpleasantness with Nerf Blog Urban Taggers? Will this be the shape of things to come in terms of website relations with Hasbro?

* What kind of measures is Hasbro taking to increase sustainability in manufacturing and packaging processes?

* Does Hasbro/Takara have any current archiving programs, either physical or digital, for molds or designs, that will help prevent cases of "lost" molds that have happened in previous years?

4. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    * When the powers that be at FunPub are finally brought to justice and you take your license from them, who will run the next Official Transformers Fanclub?

5. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've spoken to Hasbro about this one myself and in their defence, the balance of toys in shipping cases (with the emphasis on Prime and Bumblebee) is primarily market-driven. Whether the core fan-base wants to admit it or not, we are still in the minority when it comes to the overall sales for Transformers as a product line so Hasbro has to cater for their larger audience and when it comes to the toys that are featured on the shelves and what sell to the masses, the toys that will sell quicker and in larger quantities are Prime and Bumblebee. Sadly, it's what the kids want to buy as they (through their parents) are where the sales come from.

Since the release of the movies, the most popular toys and merchandise amongst the newer fans seemed to be anything with Bumblebee on them first, and then Prime so the case balanced needed to reflect that. For the dedicated online stores who cater for us fans it's frustrating because they end up with stocks of toys that the fans don't want but commercially from Hasbro's point of view it's what they need to do as a business.

6. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Simes: you know your talking to def ears ( not pointed at autovolt). This has been said 10000000 times in this forum but ppl dont listen. Many ppl still think we the fans controll the market and think that because we fants want something that it is a good investment for the toy companys.

7. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Since it has been said that there are a prospective 40 spots open in the next Generations line up, is there any hope to get those figures that never made it here to the US possibly added onto it? Not taking away any planned figures but adding some, like RTS Frenzy/Rumble, Animated Blackout, Que/Soundwave Dotm?

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I would elaborate and ask if they (Hasbro) think the lack of orders by retailers for the last wave of DOTM figures is due to earlier waves being to heavily laden with Bumblebee toys, that from our (the fans) POV are warming toy store shelves.

I would also ask them to clarify how stores like Walmart/Target, etc order TF toys and is it different than how online retailers order. Do stores order say 400 cases of wave 1 deluxes or do they simply order 400 cases of deluxe class figures and it's up up to Hasbro to determine if they get 200 of wave 1, 200 of wave 2, etc.

9. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's what the lucky folks that get to ask questions will ask:

Are you planning on reissuing Fortress Maximus?

Are there any plans for DOTM Wheeljack, Soundwave, and Leadfoot in the US?

Will the US get the Asia Exclusive figures?

Are there any plans for Classics Trailbreaker/Gears/Hoist/Skids/Blitzwing?

What is Hasbro doing to stop 3rd Party compan----*WHAP* *dead body dragged away* :lol 

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

- Who thought it was a good idea to have a Ferarri in DOTM when they couldn't secure a license to make the damn toy?

- Can we expect to see a greater range of characters in the upcoming Generations toys that are NOT G1?

-Why was there never a HA Top Spin?

-Why were all the good, new character figures in DOTM held back in favor for different versions of the exact same characters in the first two waves? I STILL see DOTM voyager Primes here and there.

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:

The sad part is the answer to all of them will be
    "At this time we have no plans however those characters are one our list of characters we would like to do someday, maybe, possibly."... well except the third party question that is.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    * Any plans to extend the use of Gi Joe / Transformers crossover figures beyond SDCC?

* Any plans to broadcast Beast Wars, or the Japanese series released by Shout on the Hub? Are there known licensing issues that would prevent this?

* With the re-release of Battlebeasts in Japan, can we expect something similar for the US, possibly as an expansion to the Bot Shots line?

* Will the Kre-O system be tied into other Hasbro properties, like GI Joe, as the BTR line was?

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    So is anyone actually who's going to BotCon who could ask these questions at the Q&A panels?

14. superkamiguru

superkamiguru Well-Known Member

Yeah definetly my question would be if i was going: Are we ever going to see a HA Soundwave released in the states because and i dont feel im alone in this, i dont want to pay in excess of $100 through a secondary market. Because that is a bullshit move on your part.

15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I doubt Hasbro. could do Battle Beasts since Diamond Select got the rights from them a few years ago and just debuted them at C2E2