Questions (Please move this if this is not the right place)...

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ShadowBlade, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade I am...

Hello all,

I am interested in selling a large portion of my collection. Basically I need some advice. I have never used eBay before and I have some concerns as to if it would be better to sell in the Junkion exchange.

Here are my basic questions:

If I cannot find an auction for the TF I want to sell, how do I determine a price?

I just want to sell the figures I wish to sell and be done with it. I have no interest in the "feedback" system, but this sounds pretty important. How much trouble is it really?

I see a lot of single sales for multiple figures. Is this a good approach?

I am sure I can think of a ton more, but I was really unclear as to where to post this. Can someone recommend an "expert" so I can PM them? Perhaps someone could PM me?

Thanks again for any help.

Sorry no G1s Mostly Beast Wars & up. A machine wars Starscream as well. All excellent condition, though as I compile the items I will need to be sure I have all the missiles etc.

2. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    If you can't find your item to determine it's value, you could start it at a low, reasonable price and let it naturally climb to what people are willing to pay. You could also head over to the Toyark here and post a list of items you that you need a price check for. Board members can usually provide price estimates. On eBay, including pictures, providing a description of the figure's condition, mentioning shipping costs (and not overcharging) and accepting Paypal are some ways to get the most out of your item.

Feedback definitely has importance on eBay. As a seller, it shows you're trustworthy enough to take someone's money and deliver their item.

Personally, I only sell figures individually if they are complete and will get at least $5. Otherwise I hoard cheaper figures to sell in one big auction.

3. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Feedback is important because it lets people know they can trust you. The better the feedback, the more likely people will buy from you, and you can sell higher priced items more easily. I.e, no one will feel comfortable shelling out $500 for a Fort Max if you have no feedback. If you can get another board member to vouch for you, that may help as well.

eBay is good if you want to sell for higher prices. Most people here are informed and will not pay more than an item is worth, whereas ebay you could get more, but you have to deal with the hassle of fees and listing. For instance: I had a MISB robovision prime on my sell list for almost two months at 30 dollars in the exchange with no offers. I put it on ebay and it sold at almost 50.

The Junkion exchange is good for sales too, but it really shines at trades. I think Lio Kaiser is the main mod there. The board members are great, and it saves you time to sell/trade there (just one post vs a ton of listings) and there are no fees. You can also put your want list there too. Checking the wanted section may help you to find a buyer faster, if you feel like doing the research.

Just remember that either route you take, keep up good communication, be fair in pricing, and post lots of pics, esp for high dollar items.

Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  4. ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade I am...

A lot of great advice so far! Thanks guys. I will indeed look into the Toyark for pricing help. Use that to determine if eBay or the exchange is best.

Being a new seller is why eBay has me worried. I am not looking to get rich. Not even a little, but I certainly do not want to be ripped off. I just want a fair price and if someone can take that and put the time and effort in to get more, more power to them.