Questions looking for answers.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wingtie, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Wingtie

Wingtie Active Member

Couple of questions for everyone
    1. Do you keep all of your instructions and card backs?
    2. Are broken missing pc disscoloration on a transformer a reason to toss it?
    3. Is there a list of all DOTM toys that are out looking to finish the regular and cyberverse.
    4. If you had alot of Transformers toys looking to get rid of a few how would you go about which ones to keep and which ones to get rid of?

Thanks for your input.

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1.) no, I throw them out unless it's someone I have difficulty transforming
    2.) No, custom fodder
    d.) Not that I know of, check transformers.com
    4.) I'd keep the characters I had emotional attachements to as a kid, and sell all the ones that I ust bought for value or completionists sake

3. unchained5150

unchained5150 Time to Disappear.

1. I keep my cardbacks and boxes but, generally toss the instuctions and bubbles. I do keep the inside packaging for the boxes, though so, if the instructions do happen to tag along, then it's whatever.

2. No, I'm pretty much okay with PC issues so long as I can fix them. An odd mispaint/coloring is fine by me as long as it's not completely obvious and makes it look terrible.

3. You'd have to go to TFWiki or Transformers.com or this very website might have the list you're looking for.

4. As a rule of thumb, if it wasn't in G1 (Including updates) or Beast Wars, it would go first. I came in right smack dab in the middle of G2/Machine Wars/Beast Wars so, all of those are pretty near and dear. Everything else is second-tier stuff.

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Yes.
    2. No. Sell it for parts, maybe, but don't toss it. Everything is worth something to somebody.
    3. Dark of the Moon (toyline) - Transformers Wiki
    4. Sell everything that's MISB. If you're not playing with it, you're not fully enjoying it. Also sell it if it's common or is a mold that gets redecoed a lot.

5. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

1. Yes, I do end up keeping the instructions and the card backs. I've always loved TF bios and tech specs, because of the depth it adds to the figure.

2. No. A lot of of my G1 toys I've had since a boy, and some of them are discolored. I see no reason to get rid of them. The broken ones I use as 'organ doners' and repair other broken TF's which I have duplicates of.

3. Do I have a list? Not really. I've collected just about all the Bayformers figures (DOTM included) that I'm interested.

4. I rarely give away or sell anything. I'm trying to change that. I'm experimenting right now with ebay, selling an Animated Grimlock which I have a spare of. If I were to get rid of more TF's; I would probably thin out my AEC collection. My TF collection is getting a bit out of hand; and AEC was a mostly disappointing line; I'm not really sure why I bought half of the figures that I bought.

I hope you found this informative.

6. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. Yes
    2. No
    3. See previous responses
    4. If I get a Transformer, I typically never sell it unless I get a duplicate. If you need to pick and choose which ones to keep, that is really personal preference and I cannot answer that for you. I would not use eBay if I were you, unless you needed to sell them quickly.