Questions for PP03 owners....

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Optimus Bruce, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Optimus Bruce

Optimus Bruce Human Germ

So I'm toying with the idea of picking up the iGear Skywarp and Thundercracker to display with my MP11 instead of my Hasbro Skywarp and an MP11 Thundercracker, but wondered if any owners could answer a couple of questions for me perhaps?

1) Does the neck kibble pop off and are the tail fins attached to the legs removable?

2) On in and pics I've seen of the iGear TC, one of his null rays has a black band around the middle but the other is completely blue. Is this QC error common?

I currently have my MP11 with the TT SW & TC and think they look ace, but as we seemingly won't get an MP11 Skywarp from either TakTom or Hasbro we'll again have an incomplete seeker trio so I'm thinking the 2 iGears would be good for a complete toon deco line-up with MP11 SS as an "upgraded" Coronation Screamer :cool: 

2. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    If you're talking about the jet pieces o the side of the intake, yes they pop off and you'll see a small peg on each side.

The sliding fins on the legs can come off too - they're just pressure clips. I've had them slide off the leg at times, or you can disassemble the leg and pop them off from the inside.

I haven't seen any issues with the null rays, that's a new one to me.

3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    I don't understand where this mentality of "we won't be seeing Skywarp" from Takara and Hasbro is coming from. They've never said that have they?

There's been an explosion of new MP Product listed for the end of this year and it only stands to reason that Takara would allow collectors time to save up money to buy the new stuff first and then save some more to buy the eventual repaints. I mean, really, guys, Starscream's not even a year old yet and Sunstorm and Thundercracker were simply logic based "new character" repaint options.

There's money to be made from releasing yet another Skywarp in the MP line but both Takara and Hasbro have certainly realized that people aren't made of money. If they released Skywarp right now he would live in the shadows of MP-12, 13 and 14 along with TRU's MP Prime. Retailers would no doubt take a loss as people waited for more money or a sale price.

Patience.

Also, while they are great in their own right, iGear's original seeker team lack a certain aesthetic that is part of the MP Line. They look good, but they aren't Takara's effort.

4. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    Do you visit the Masterpiece discussion thread? An "insider" pretty much said that in riddle form:lol  Taking a grain of salt from rumors have never been a collectors characteristic and it's really not surprising how people are taking that "riddle" as absolute fact.

5. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to agree with Hicks on this. I dont see what you're basing the statement that we wont get a Skywarp in the new mold on. Takara is really pushing the MP line, that alone is a great sign of them putting out a complete seeker set in time.

I have the iGear Coneheads and they are pretty damn nice, but an iGear Skywarp would stick out like a sore thumb next to the MP-11 mold. I say just be patient and wait to see what happens.

6. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Yeah? I must've missed that "nugget of insight." Still, I certainly don't trust "insider [mis]information".

The Coneheads are pretty much great. But they're the Coneheads, that they vary from the MP-Seeker Team isn't unexpected. And again, iGear's original seeker team is good... But I'd wait for Takara or Hasbro's efforts [most likely in the coming twelve months] if you're really wanting a uniform seeker trio.

7. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't read this insider info myself, but....I'm really hoping they would make an MP-11 Skywarp :D  I know Hasbro and Takara has to have an idea that people WOULD buy it in a heartbeat considering how popular the MP-11 mold is already.

8. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    Here you go...

I'm sure there was something about TT not doing him, but I must've missed it or people are just jumping the gun and running on rumors again.

9. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Well, your quoted statement leaves an implication that it may be released in Japan. So there's hope yet? Or did I miss another post that implied that Japan won't be seeing it either?

10. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

You both missed something the no SW from TT was orriginaly covered MANY days prior to that post from TCracker. Which is why I posed that the best bet for a MP-11 mold SW is a spair TC, black and purple paint which led to TCrackers responce which you both read. So long story short NO MP SW from either company any time soon if ever.

11. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    bummer. :( 

12. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Yea, had I know that earler I would have bought the Igears seekers. It's all good now as I just completed the MP-03 set and have MP-11 on the way with a spair MP TC that I just picked up today and MP-11s so I when I find the courage to paint I'll have two "complete" seeker treos.

13. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    That might not be a bad idea........onto TRU for the hunt! (yet again....)

14. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    As I said at the time in that thread: Six months ago TCracker swore blind we were never getting a Soundwave and Autobot cars were off the table. Before that MP-11 was definitely going to be an F-15. He jerks people around all the time. He's a great dude and I like him a lot but he liberally peppers his truths with outright lies to "throw people off the scent" or he gives out riddles instead of answers so he can plausibly later say "I never said that." One night he rated peoples guesses based on seemingly random colors and shapes. Like someone would guess Ultra Magnus and TCracker would award them two green smiley faces and never explained what that meant.

I'm not talking behind the guy's back- He said this publicly. it's right there in the speculation thread in black and white.

But nobody ever seems to read that part. As usual they believe what they want and they'll dance for him because he's their only hope for inside info. Again, this isn't an indictment on TCracker, he's a great dude and he's not being sneaky or a dick about it at all, but he is having fun with them. If I were in his position I'd mess with people too.

I'm not saying we will or we won't get a Skywarp. I'm not too concerned about it either way as I'm quite happy with iGear's. I'm just saying that taking info from the speculation thread- even from insiders- is asking for a headache.

15. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Which is exactly what I was going to say.

We heard "No Grimlock" and there was Grimlock, "No Soundwave" and then there was Soundwave. Hell, I saw the stuff from the toy show and the teaser joke images of MP-Shockwave that were said to be nothing more than a tease and yet many of you are holding out hope that they are making him, possibly even right as I type. It's amazing how casual the fandom gets with it's hope and prayer system. "What? That's a joke image of Shockwave? Oh, I'm sure that they're still making him. I'll have my MP-Shockwave by next month. What? No Skywarp? Oh my god... Somebody find me an alternative that'll pass, right now. Why oh why, must they never give me a complete seeker team?"*

"Soon" is such a relative term that could mean, "not planned for tomorrow" or "not planned for a year..." But look at all the repaints of MP-01 we got just so Takara could continue to milk money from the designs. If you think for a moment that they won't do the same with MP-11, you're kidding yourself.

Besides, it took Takara three years to release all three Seekers the last time around and it was another two years before MP-03G came out. Hasbro couldn't get all three out in less than six years. A lot of you are simply impatient because you're confusing yourself with Takara releasing MP-11 and Hasbro releasing MP-TC in the same year. Sure there was also Takara's Sunstorm, but that seems more like Takara slapping iGear on the wrist than anything.

*That is not at all intended to be a slight against the original poster. I'm sure he wasn't planning on this debate to take place in his advice thread.

16. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's my bad and I also apologize. All I really have to add is- You basically have three options as far as the Seeker trio goes: 1) Buy a matching set of MP-03s and be happy with the old mold (the cheapest way to accomplish this will cost $300-$350 right now) 2) buy iGears which does match for around $300-$350. 3) Buy the two current releases of MP-11 (at least $250) and hope a third comes out (another $70-$140). 4) buy a non-matching set (price varies).

I think that makes iGear an obvious winner here for most people, but that's me. Certainly some people aren't going to want to support them on principle, others are just caught up in the "something newness" of TC and will stop caring by January. I would however probably trade my traitor in for an MP-11 Starscream, though.

But anyway, to answer the OP's questions: Yes the kibble on his shoulder intakes is removable, it's the same design as in MP-03. The leg-mounted wings are also removable on all seven major revisions of PP-03 (I don't have the limited release ones, but I assume they're the same).

My PP03 Lightning does not have the miscolored null rays you describe.

17. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    even though it has been said we will not be getting mp11 skywarp i can see the demand being so high that they will give us one by next september

18. Optimus Bruce

Optimus Bruce Human Germ

Hey no problem guys, none of it taken personally!

I'd always thought we wouldn't get MP11 flavoured versions of TC and SW and Hasbo MP11 TC was a pleasant surprise, and although he will be getting bought I'm not sure I personally could adequately display him in any combination of my other seekers without it looking off to my eye.

My original hunch was based off a feeling and later TC's nuggets of info but mainly as has been said "Hasbro couldn't release them all in six years", so we're still without a matching Hasbro seeker trio and could be again with the MP11 mold.

I already have the Hasbro Skywarp but he's sat in his box upstairs as I have nowhere to properly fit him in, which increases my feeling that Hasbro TC would suffer the same fate.

Its a bit anal, but I'm not a fan of the wing stripes on the Hasbro Skywarp or Thundercracker, they just look too "thick" to me and I would like them all to match as to me their supposed to, so that's where the iGears come in. That's not even mentioning Skywarps yellow eyes or the horrendous looking extras painted on Thundercracker.

It's good news to me (and thanks all those that actually confirmed :D  ) that the PP03s can be stripped down to look exactly like the MP03's as this presents a seemingly better option for my collection, but this doesn't mean their without their own "issues".

As has been pointed out, "aesthetically" the finish isn't as good quality as the official versions and while they do look flat to me, the actual colours and their placement echoes the characters closer than the Takara versions although I would have to paint Thundercrackers legs.

If either Hasbro or Takara do release an MP11 flavoured Skywarp, then that's awesome sauce and he too will be bought and probably another MP11 Starscream too to display without coronation gear ( Hasbro version? :D  ) for another full seeker set :cool: 

19. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty much this (and I think you meant to say MP-11 would be an F-14, which was definitely a red herring on TCracker's part XD). Look, he's a cool guy and he puts up with a lot of guff but at the same time I take anything he says with a huge block of salt. TCracker's been wrong on more than one occasion (MP Soundwave and the Underwear fiasco) and playful-in-a-mess-with-us-kind-of-way a lot of the time too (see MP-11 as an F-14 Tomcat).

He may be an insider but he's also not infallible either, and has even admitted that he's not privy to everything that HasTak has planned up their sleeve. I don't worship the ground he walks on (nor do I think he expects others to either) plus I don't like riddles and word games, but good for those who do like playing them. (I like my toy news transparent and clear under no uncertain terms, but that's just me.)

Back on topic, iGear's Seekers are pretty decent. I have the Coneheads and the QC is pretty spot on aside from lack of paint and overly loose heads (nothing a little krazy glue or clear nail polish on the neck ball joint won't fix). I don't have any of their non-Conehead Seekers but they look alright. I won't invest in them seeing how MP-11 Starscream and MP Thundercracker v2 are viable options; I'd rather get official toys when it comes to Masterpiece level stuff. The Coneheads are nice but not quite MP level nice, though they come close.

I'm optimistic that either Hasbro or Takara will give us an MP Skywarp v2 somewhere down the pipeline eventually, just not anytime soon. Hasbro just released TC, and Takara released Screamer and Sunstorm, so I think the molds are spoken for, at least for this year. Next year is a whole new ball game, so I say just be patient.

20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    If we got Sunstorm, you can bet we'll see Takara Skywarp and Thundercracker. Hasbro Skywarp? Not a chance, we already got one. And they'd have to release the new version Starscream first. But by the time it happens, they'll have newer MP molds to release.