Questions for Botcon Attendees

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by n_tel_ekt, Aug 21, 2007.

1. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

As the movie prompted me to get serious about collectingfor the 1st time since RID, Im considering going to Botcon 08 but I wanna know how many months I'll have to save up!

How much do people usually spend on the whole event (not including hotel nd travel) if you go all 3 days and get the exclusive set???

Do people with bad ass kitbashes get invited for free or do they just go to show/sell there work??? Also, do the KB's sell well/expensive at Botcon???

Whats up with the booths??? In know theres the dealer room, but what about all those other booths, are they just displaying their stuff or selling/tading as well???

What kind of fun contests do the hold there, if any??? What kinda prizes are awarded???

Sorry for sounding completely ignorant regarding Botcon but Ive never looked into it since there was ZERO chance of me ever going previously!!! Now, theres a slight chance. Thanks!:rock 

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1) Cost depends on your arrangements, How you choose to eat and where, whether you stay at the convention hotel, a nearby nice hotel, or a nearby place like Motel 6, what you do while there, it all can make HUGE differences in cost. The convention hotel runs $129 a night usually. The Box set is around $250 most times, this year's was more expensive due to more toys at larger sizes.

2) You can display your kitbashes or customs, and possibly win prizes for them, but that will not get you in free. You must be an attendee to display/enter your works. Sales of one-off customs or kitbashes are pretty much nonexistant, but there's technically nothing to stop you from doing it. But be aware, if you were trying to sell the bashes you entered, you'd not be able to deliver any until Sunday, and probably would be required to register as a dealer, which means buying a dealer booth or table and paying taxes on any sales you make.

3) There's no "other booths" really. There's traditionally a Hasbro booth, and sometimes booths from places like IDW comics, etc. But other than Hasbro, that tends to be the company acting as a dealer to sell and promote their products, just like any other dealer is with their merchandise. You can trade if you want, and room-to-room trading and selling is allowed whenever the dealer room is closed if you want to do that.

4) Contests vary as they try new things or to fit the theme. There's usually Bingo of some sort, hourly door prizes, and some other things. Contests, not usually so much of that.

3. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Thanks for the info!

4. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    SideCutter cover most of you question.

As far as when to start save the earlier the better I already have a few hundred saved up for next year, just in case it on the west coast and I have to fly. as far as how much to save up is up to you. But if you want say a fort max And will cost you a few hundred The last thing you want to do is spend one your money on 1 toy. Walk around the dealer floor and see what each dealer has before you drop money one items, less it a super deal on an item that you know regular goes for double or triple the price. In 06 I spent about 400.00 Just in the dealer room, no to count the beer runs, or food , and last year I spent about $1000.00 in the dealer room and about $300. in food and drinks, but I had my wife and 2 nephews with me this pass year