Questions for anyone who regularly follows the GI Joe IDWverse

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by GogDog, Jan 21, 2011.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Read the first 2 trades of GI Joe: Cobra, and I loved it. I want to get the rest of the IDW stuff in their new continuity.

Some questions; is the COBRA book sort of a prequel to the regular JOE book? Obviously, the Joes are battling Cobra over there, but in the Chuckles story, they seem to know basically nothing about, not even the name of, Cobra.

I know the IDWverse is basically GI Joe, Cobra, and Origins. It all fits together story-wise, I assume?

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, COBRA is a prequel series as is Orgins. The regular series is the latest in the timeline. It is all one continuity. IDW started their own, ignoring all previous GI Joe comic storylines. Side Note: The ARAH book is not in IDW's continuity. That one is continuing the Marvel storyline that ended in the 90's.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool, thank you. :) 

I knew about the continuation of the Marvel stuff, but didn't find much about the IDWverse that didn't contain spoilers.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I read GIJoe, GIJoe/Cobra/ and Real American hero. The only one woth it is Cobra. it's just downright awesome. Real American is so out of date, it's kind of funny. The regular ongoing is just really boring. It hasn't gone anywhere but is 25 issues in. Avoid it. Just stick with Cobra