Questions about TransformerLand.com (ordering,experiences and grading)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LifePincher, Dec 31, 2008.

1. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

For those of you that have ordered items from them. I figured I'd get faster responses here than through emailing them, since it's the holidays.

Let's say there's an item that's $100. There's a negotiate button and you offer say $85. How long before the offer is accepted? Is there a set time, or can this offer stand forever, even though no higher offer has been made?

List your experiences ordering from them.
    How are the items and grading system? If it states C9, is it C9 quality?

One thing that gets me at the store part of the site is that when you click on "Complete" in the list to the right, tons of items are listed as---- Complete (Missing this, this, this and this) :crazy:  What's with that?

2. Tela_Tran2

Tela_Tran2 AUTOBOT MAIN FRAME

From my expericence using the negotiate button is not worth it, they rarely come down in price, that's from what I have delt with. When you see something on hold means that someone has made an offer and has not reiceved an answer yet. They do take their time getting back to you.
    The good part is that their descriptions are right on, I recently bought a lot of items from them and it was very professional, I got two invoices and it was mailed fast and recieved in the exact condition as described. The picture you see is NOT what your going to get, but if it says C9 your going to get C9. I was happy with my purchase and will order from them again. they are very good if you need paperwork, like if you missing Tech specs for example, they have a lot of them and in great condition.

All in all I have to give TransformersLand a :thumbs2: 

3. Tela_Tran2

Tela_Tran2 AUTOBOT MAIN FRAME

That is a pain in the ass, you do have to be carefull and make sure you read the description carefully, I think they do that to grab your attention, people on ebay do the same thing.

4. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    I love the site and won't order vintage G1 from anywhere else. Their descriptions are alwasy dead on (I only order items that are listed as NEAR MINT - and they always are).

Their prices can be negotiated and I do it all the time. It may only be $20-$30 less, but it's still less. I think it helps to be a regular customer when it comes to negotiating. I've spent a few thousand with them so I don't think they mind giving me a deal.

Packaging, tracking, and accuracy of description is why I don't mind spending the money. My biggest gripe is the lack actual pics for the items being sold, but beggars can't be choosers. Since the descriptions are accurate, I can live without pictures.

Oh, and response times are usually 3-4 days - sometimes a week. You have to have some patience with them. That can suck sometimes because while you are waiting for a response, someone else can go in and buy the item. Items are also shown in an "ON HOLD" status when they are sold. They'll be there for a day or two while they update the site. Nonetheless, seeing an item in that status still means you can negotiate and make an offer. If it's not sold they may work with you.

Overall, I can't say enough good things about transformerland.com.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  5. LifePincher

I really appreciate the input. Does anyone else have anything to add?

6. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is where I get my G1 figures and accessories. Be sure to read their descriptions very carefully...you can ask for pictures of the items but this can take a long time. The majority of the time they are dead on in terms of the quality. It takes awhile for them to get back to you but their shipping is very quick and they pack very well. When something is on hold, someone else has not made a payment on the item. You can be put on a waiting list for the item and if the person does not pay for it, they will contact you. But also, they will let you know if the item is no longer available. When you are on a waiting list for an item, you cannot pay for your other item(s) until they have contacted you about the on hold item. In terms of negotiate the price on an item, I have not done this yet, so I can not say on how to help you on that.

7. LifePincher

Would like a few more responses if possible.

So far, I'm feeling better ordering from them....... I can trust you guys, right? :inquisiti 

:lol 

8. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Trust is all on you, my friend, but I've been around for a while and I've spent a lot of money on transformerland.com.

Click the link under my sig to see my collection and the listing of what is reissue G1 and original. The originals were all ordered from that site with the exception of Shockwave and Octane.

They are a trustworthy site to order from.

9. LifePincher

Thanks for the pics. Decent quality too. Where were you when I needed ya'? :D 

I was asking people for a decent pic of G1 Transformers in my recent thread "Anyone have a decent pic of a G1 collection?" in Transforer Toy discussion.

Yours by far are the best quality pics so far, thanks.