Questions about Titaniums

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Allsparky, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Hey all, just a few questions about Titaniums. I've never bought any of these but they look pretty cool. So here goes.

1. Are the figures in this line fully poseable like say Universe figs?

2. Are they comparable in size to Universe figs?

3. I'm guessing by the name that they have die cast in them, so are they similar to G1 figs in that way.

Thanks for readin' and any info would be much appreciated.

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    They are poseable for the most part, just not on the level of other lines. They are all comparable to deluxe size. The diecast component is similar to that of G1, such as legs and chest.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I assume you are talking about the six-inchers, here.

4. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

Don't buy 'em, there's a few good ones but for the most part they're crap.

5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    there are two Titanium lines. The first is 3" size and they have limited articulation These figures do not have an alt mode. The second is the 6" size. They are somewhat posable and do transform into an alt mode.

Roughly. They might be slightly shorter.

Yes they are similar to G1 in that they have diecast.

Is the line a good one to collect? It is ok. While the 6" Titaniums sound like it would be a great concept it was executed kinda poorly. In some figures there is too much diecast and the plastic used would not support the weight of the metal. It is unfortunate as the line had potential. Now most of the early figures suffered from this problem but some of the later ones are actually pretty well done. The best ones in the line (IMO) are Fallen, Grimlock, Prowl, The Seeker Jets, Scourge, and Rodimus Prime.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Every time I see the newer Target exclusives sitting there ignored on shelves I always think to myself "you know, the 3-inchers would take up much less shelf space individually, and a box set of them would be more bang for your buck compared to the 6-inchers."

I only have three of the 6-inchers (G1 Hot Rod, Soundwave, and Magnus). Magnus has the most posability, which isn't much. Soundwave needs toy hip replacement surgery. Hot Rod's okay. They look nice, but they come off as slightly articulated statues instead of true toys. I think if I were a kid I'd have more fun playing with the 3-inchers that can't even transform.

7. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Man thanks a million guys. I'm not so sure I'll be buying any of them now. Kinda had my eye on the Rodimuss repaint Menasor but probably just blow it off. Thanks again yo!

8. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I have Mensaor and I quite like it. It's slightly shorter than classics Voyager Prime and quite well articulated.

It does have weak connections for the joints, so it's definately more of a display piece than a toy as the limbs can pop off quite easily, but it looks great.

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    G1 Scourge & Rodimus Prime fit in VERY well scale wise with Classics/Universe. The only nitpick I have with Rodimus Prime is that he's very small when in alt mode.

10. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    You can easily pass on all Titaniums IMO, even the ones people say are good, Scourge (do not buy this figure not worth it and we'll get a new figure eventually) Ultra Magnus, and Rodimus really aren't that good

11. bruticus_prime

bruticus_prime awesomeness in a bottle

i love the ww prowl grimlock and starscream they have basic articulation but look damn good posed

12. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I enjoy them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. newguy

newguy i

They are more for show

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Why would you want to buy one?

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I have a few... Jetfire, Thundercracker, Rodimus Prime, Soundwave, Scourge.

None are as good as Universe figures, but they all have their own merits. Except Soundwave. He's metal, heavy, and cold to the touch if you have him in a cooled room. That's about it for him.

Rodimus is awesome. His chest does sit a little too far farward, but he displays really well, and he's fun to transform, though a little fiddly. Easily my second favorite.

Scourge... well, he's not very fun, in my opinion, nor very well articulated. Still, if you want the character, this one's better than the G1 toy, as far as playability goes. He looks really cool though.

Thundercracker is my favorite. Unless you're opposed to die-cast, this mold is just fantastic. It's essentially Cybertron Starscream, just Deluxe sized. There's mold differences, but the transformation is nearly identical, and the joints for articulation are just about the same. Take your pick: thundercracker, Skywarp, Starscream, Sunstorm... very worth it. I have TC, I don't care for the others... I stuck him with my Classics.

Jetfire is cool, but limited posability. Simple, but fun. I broke a tab in one of his hip ratchet joints. I don't know if that's common or I was being an idiot, or it dropped or who knows what... but that kinda sucks. :( 

I only keep Soundwave around because he's my only version of the character. Don't bother. Laserbeak might have been cool, but they messed that up, too. Arm articulation is pretty good. From the torso down, he's ugly. And limited articulation. Alt mode sucks.

16. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the 6" Tits too but I look at them as posable statues.. not toys.

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In all the years they were out, i never saw any of the 6" line in a store.

And from the 3" line, i still think going out and collecting WST's would be more worth it and rewarding. Any one agree?

the WW figs look good, but i am cautiously optimistic that maybe Universe 3.0+ will release WW molds. I can wait...i think.

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Though the 3-inchers' retail price wasn't exactly dirt cheap when they came out (from what I remember, could be wrong), I'd buy the WST stuff too if it weren't for the price those go for at times (especially the rarer ones). Most of the 3-inchers aren't that hard to find and don't go very much still. I think the most I paid for one was $12 or so, and I starting tracking them down after the line had been canceled for a little while. If one insists on Transformer toys transforming, than the WST stuff is nice. If one doesn't care and just wants nifty little guys, than the detail on the 3-inchers is wonderful.

19. ChrisIzDaShiz

ChrisIzDaShiz Banned

There fully posable, metal, and they transform.....what's there to question??! Get em'!

20. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    scourge probably won't get a figure for quite a while with the botcon one just coming out, too bad there was no titanium kup, then we would at least have a chance at affordable versions of them