Questions about the Last Autobot's re-genesis.

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Acidophilus, May 9, 2012.

1. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I finished reading Regeneration 80.5, and it reminded me of a question about the end of the Marvel run. I don't consider this a spoiler since my question is about something that was published over twenty years ago.

The Last Autobot resurrected all the fallen Autobots at the battle against Bludgeon, but does the "planet wide re-genesis" mean the fallen Autobot, and maybe Decepticons that died on Cybertron at the battle with Unicron were also resurrected?

Could it also be that though his abilities Transformers whom died earlier in the Marvel series have returned to life?

Last one, is Primus gone for good. or could he have also been restored?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help provide answers.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is how I see it (lots of these are open to interpretation):

1) The only dead Autobots resurrected were those killed in battle in issue 80. The Last Autobot did that to ensure victory over the Decepticons.

2) The "planet-wide regenesis" only healed the environmental damage that was tearing Cybertron apart. Both factions left the planet because they thought it would no longer be able to support life. When Hi-Q woke the Last Autobot he fixed this, so that the planet could survive without Primus.

3) I THINK that Primus is dead, but that one is really up to Furman. "Kill 'em all" Furman. Hmm...I think he's dead. I'd expect the Creation Matrix to wake back up before the conscious part of Primus did...after all the former is more important to the TFs, and frankly it's a more interesting character. :D  Also, without Primus, there would be no "cosmic balance" between him an Unicron since Unicron is dead.

3. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    G2 kinda seemed to undo it, but it seemed implied to me when I first read Furman's run that Unicron killed Primus.

4. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can you change the subject a little please?

For those of us that havn't read 80.5 the subject itself is a spoiler.

5. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I don't see how the subject is a spoiler. The fact that the Last Autobot is involved in Regeneration 1 isn't really one considering how the Marvel US run ended. And it doesn't give away the fate of him, either.

The whole subject of the thread is regarding the last issue of the Marvel US run moreso anyway, and if that's a spoiler, then saying Rosebud was Kane's sled is a spoiler of equal magnitude.

6. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The General is correct. As I stated in the first post my questions only relate to an event that took place in issues published over twenty years ago. I was careful not to include any spoilers, I didn't mention any event that happened in 80.5 at all.