Questions about the Final Fights *SPOILER*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by socko76, Jul 4, 2009.

1. socko76

socko76 Well-Known Member

I just saw the movie Today. I thought it was much better than people said but... 4 things:

1. When devastor first shows up, the twin bust him up including his face... but then all of the sudden, he's on his own again all fine and smashing the pyramid. What happened?

2. Devastator died the same cheesy way he did in the first movies.. killed by humans... what a cheap way to die after being so bad ass (Devastator was the Tank in the first movie. They can call the toy brawl but the movie calls him devastator

3. In the town, the decpticons are attacking. the decepticons include Long Haul and Mixmaster even though devastor was elsewhere fighting the twins... does the mean Devastator was composed of other construction vehicles that looked like them

4. In the first movie, that decpticon that turned into the truck with a fork had his head cut off by Optimus... but he shows up in the big fight seen in the movie.

The final fight scene is great and I like the fact that they made Prime a bad ass again but these things were just lazy mistakes.

What do you think?

2. jawalabang2

jawalabang2 Active Member

not mistakes. decisions.

3. socko76

hahaha touche. Kind of like how software bugs are just "undocumented feature"

4. king of cons

king of cons movie bot

well number 3 has got me ,cloning maybe? or that devastator could be a constructiocon in himself!
    as for number 4 maybe the constructicons fixed bonecrusher up while in the water, and if so maybe that helicopter guy is blackout not grindor
    number 1 no awnser and in the first movie brawl was shot in the head by bumblebee, blackout was killed by humans

5. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    All the people I saw the movie with (not Transformers fans nor fanatics) did not notice those or other glaring inconsistancies.

My only guess is that Bay was trying to get as G1 as possible in terms of continuity errors! :) 

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

^^^ lmao I was thinking the same thing.

The biggest G1 reference of all is the random characters showing up when you think they're dead or supposed to be somewhere else.

Like in the '86 movie, at Starscream's coronation you see Thundercracker... it's like "hey, didn't you just turn into Scourge?" xD

Expected reply: "Yeah but this is a 200 million dollar movie and not an 80's toy commercial. They should be able to not make mistakes like that. Blah blah blah"

;) 

7. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Simple. He got better. lol.

Note that Bonecrusher only appeared in vehicle form.. It might just be a normal vehicle for all we know.

8. socko76

I totally for got it was blackout that was killed by the humans... then he is back... Im fine with resurrecting them, I just wish they would have shown/mentioned it.

That G1 point is hilarious... If I thought Michael Bay had ever seen one of those episodes, I would agree with you..

Thats not a rib on him... He wants to have a take on it that is completly his own.

9. DOWNFORCE

DOWNFORCE Well-Known Member

no you see him in robot mode just after one of the arcee bikes get blasted.

10. DOWNFORCE

DOWNFORCE Well-Known Member

Oh and does anybody know if the matrix was destroyed or not?

11. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    My take and theories

1. I thought the twins just quit, I mean, I would've. Devs just starts heading toward the pyramid, no need to pursue him when I'm either a twin or Leo.

2. I figured, the way the autobots were dismembering 'Cons left and right, a final battle with Devs would have been sweet, but over way too quickly, even lamer if they would've added a few deaths when the 'Bots take down Devs.

3. I would think that Soundwave scanned construction trucks and put up the alt modes for free pickings, or maybe Constructicon is soldier type several 'Cons managed to reach. Also, the Constructicons that make up Devs seem to only turn into limbs or vehicles.

4. The way they brought back Megs and Blackout into Grindow made it seem like anyone can be brought back. Especially since only a head was cut off and the 'Con's spark wasn't extenguished, as we see Starscream re-attach his arm after Prime cuts it off. Not sure if beheading actually kills TF's.

12. Teratron

Teratron Kaiser Dragon

1. The twins managed to hurt him a little bit, but did no serious damage. Really, I'm surprised they managed to hurt him at all. They only fought to save themselves. Once Devastator was sent after the pyramid, I'm sure even they had enough sense to leave well enough alone.

2. First, even if you insist on following the in-movie error of calling the tank from the first one Devastator, can you really believe there's any chance at all these two robots are the same being? One's an individual while the other is a combination of seven others. Their sizes are orders of magnitude apart, their appearances have nothing at all in common, and their combat methods are completely different. They're no more the same being than I and the other 237 bajillion Steve Smiths in the world are the same person.

Second, you might want to rewatch the first movie to refresh your memory. Brawl/Devastator wasn't killed by humans. First, he was temporarily incapacitated by Ironhide, Ratchet, and Jazz triple-teaming him. When he got back up, he traded fire with the soldiers, pinning them down. Lennox even comments, "This isn't going well." He probably would've ended up killing the soldiers eventually, but along came Bumblebee (assisted by Mikaela), who managed to finish him off. The humans helped, but it was the Autobots that did all the serious damage.

I was disappointed by how Devastator died in RotF though. The Navy just happens to have a ship with an experimental superweapon within firing range... I woud've rather seen Optimus plow through Devastator on the way to confronting The Fallen, or even the Twins managing to find some vulnerability.

3. Yes, there are numerous Constructicons, apparently each with one of a handful of stock body types. E.g., Demolishor was killed at the start of the film, yet there's another excavator forming Devastator's body. According to the film's writers, Devastator is basically just formed out of whatever Constructicons are nearby. They didn't go into details, so it's not clear how to interpret that. Is Devastator capable of pulling together even more Constructicons to become even larger and more powerful? Or did them mean that any random Constructicon can become any given body part for Devastator? Or just that any given Long Haul-type Constructicon can become a leg? Impossible to say without further clarification.

4. That's presumably not Bonecrusher (the bot from the first film). It's just some other bot who has the same body type. It's the same deal as Grindor (the helicopter that fights Prime along with Megatron and Starscream) being nearly identical to Blackout (the helicopter from the first film). Or all the identical Constructicons. They really should have done something to make this more clear within the film.

It's basically just applying Hasbro's repaint policy to the film franchise. There are lots of bots out there physically identical to each other. But where the different bots would have different color schemes in previous series, the movie bots only take on a color scheme as needed for their alt mode disguises. Notice how all the Autobots in the first film started off as silver colored robots before scanning a vehicle. Also note how Megatron has very little coloring (since he never took an Earth mode). Same goes for Soundwave and a few generic Decepticons seen in the final battle for RotF. If two movie bots of identical body types both scan the same type of vehicle, they're going to have basically identical appearances.

13. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    the same reason any of the other legion mistakes or continuity errors are in there.

NO. he was called brawl. devastator was a name from an old early version of the script that accidentally got left in, bay was not happy about this. and of course he got killed by humans, bay doesn't get special access to all this military equipment without giving the army some good PR in return.

yes, contsructicons are all just generic drones.

this was absolutely ridiculous, if it was just like eg. blackout being reused, to save money on making a new cgi model, fair enough. this isn't what happened though. they actually went to the expense and trouble of getting a dead characters real life vehicle onset to drive it around in one single shot. i can only assume his bot mode was there too, but they realised how ridiculous it was and cut it out, but forgot to cut out the vehicle too.

in all, that they regard anyone apart from the main characters as being background filler, not worth worrying about details over. also, that the writers strike meant they were on a wing and a prayer and writing the thing right up till the last day, so there was no time to check for mistakes and oversights. just dont bother thinking about the movie in too much detail, it wont get you anywhere, because the writers and editors clearly didnt think about it in much detail themselves.

14. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

There were a couple of continuity errors, to do with characters being 'resurrected' from the first movie, but the final fight was awesome. The only thing I didn't like was the use of Devastator -the Twins should have both been sucked up and crushed to pieces.

Thought the scene where Sam pulls the Insecticon apart and Starscream finds them was awesome. It was really tense and had a great build-up to it.

15. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They hit eachother and fall into the ground.

1° movie character is "Brawl". Labeling him as "Devastator" was an error.

There are lots of theories about this one. The most accepted is that the Protoforms who crashed in Egypt scanned the Constructicons vehicle alt-modes.

It wasn't him, it's just an similiar vehicle.

16. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys bonecrusher WAS in robot mode in the final fight, you see him firing machine guns mounted on his hand, as he blasts away the arcee twins, Ironhide does a signature roll and yells "SAM GET TO THE PILLARS"

Just like in the first movie, rolling around shooting starscream "SAM GET TO THE BUILLDINNG"

17. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

who was the bot on the brooklyn bridge? j/k

18. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mixmaster.