Questions about the Fallen

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by heshanj, Aug 6, 2008.

1. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    hey guys
    im new to transformers, and the continuity...i read the Transformers wiki (teletraan 1) page on the Fallen..i got all that..and its in the G1 continuity family..but he doesnt appear in the G1 cartoon, does he? is it kinda like the history of the cartoon, is he mentioned in any episodes?

also, the wiki talks about the original 13 transformers being created to fight unicron...so unicron is also in the G1 continuity line, but doesnt appear till after the original movie? correct me if im wrong, ive only watched about 10 episodes into the second season of G1...please add anything that would be helpful..and i hope this is the right place im posting this in...cheers :D 

2. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I know pretty much nothing about the Fallen, but can tell you that he was never in the G1 cartoon, nor was he refferenced as he was made up long after the series. And you are correct, Unicron was only in the series after the movie, so Season 3 onwards, don;t think he was specifically referenced before, but could be wrong!...

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    He's a comic only character. No relation to the cartoon.

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Fallen doesn't appear in the old G1 cartoon. his first & only appearance was in the Dreamwave comics, War within series-The dark ages.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Supposedly he was based on an original design by Pat Lee, but it was Simon Furman who fleshed out the character.

So obviously he didn't appear in the old cartoon yet.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The Fallen has also 'appeared' in the Fan Club comics in a cameo. Last year TakaraTomy incorporated the first Thirteen Transformers, Primus and The One into their continuity, for some reason.

heshanj: The G1 continuity family refers to the fact the Generation 1 is split up into several continuities that are (normally) not directly connected to each other.

These are the major 5 G1 continuities:

*Cartoon continuity (G1 cartoon, Beast Wars cartoon, Beast Machines cartoon)

*Japanese continuity (G1 cartoon, Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, Zone, Beast Wars cartoon, Beast Wars II, Beast Wars Neo, Beast Wars Metals, Beast Machines). In otherwords, its a slightly different version of the American cartoon continuity with a bunch of other shows included.

*Marvel Comics continuity (G1 comic, G2 comic, Beast Wars cartoon, Beast Machines cartoon)

*Dreamwave G1 comics continuity

*IDW G1 comics continuity

And there are several divergent continuities of those continuitues (such as the Fan Club's Crossing Over storyline for the Classics toys), and several micro-continuities, which stories that don't really fit anywhere, such as storybooks.

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    thanks everyone...i thought comic and cartoon G1 all followed the same continuity...
    so if the fallen is not such a well-known or prominent figure in any cartoon series (or even in the comic, it seems), i guess its unlikely that the rumor about the next movie being about The Fallen is true...i read that rumor and immediately thought that my knowledge kinda sucks and that the fallen is probably a prominent character...thanks

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Well, it's not like Barricade, Blackout and Bonecrusher were exactly major prominent characters prior to the first movie either...

9. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i have a question too, was he really created by pat lee? cuz i don't want him in the movie if he was created by that douchebag.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    so you don't want him in the movie because you don't like the creator..........Valid point, no? :inquisiti 

11. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

And talking about his alternate mode, someone has an image of this mode in the comic?

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
  13. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

This is the Titanium one but in the comic his alternate mode is like that?

14. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Funny thing is, the Beast Wars cartoon comes from a continuity that uses both the G1 cartoon and G1/G2 Marvel comic, so that's why I put BW and BM in both G1 cartoon and the Marvel comics continuities.

15. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He never actually transforms in "The Dark Ages," but his alternate mode was shown in the More Than Meets The Eye guidebooks. Check the bottom of his wiki article for a pic.

16. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    The Fallen in the comic actually had a completely different design to his comic appearance, so even his tank mode is different. The tank never actually appeared in the comic, though.

This is Pat Lee's concept design for Fallen's tank. Problem was, this concept vehicle design was for Pat's own unused Fallen design. By the time Fallen had appeared in the comic, he was almost completely redesigned, so the Fallen's tank mode might not look like this at all.

Don Figueroa seemed to base the Titanium toy Fallen on his design for Bludgeon in IDW's comics.

DAMN YOU MCFEELY.

17. DON

DON Well-Known Member

Ebay:

I saw Pat's initial design and then saw Andy's interpretation. to me, there was no difinitive interpretation of the character so when Hasbro asked me to design a toy for the Fallen. I decided to start from scratch.

oh and He's based on MY Cybertronain Megatron design (From Stormbringer) Stormbringer Bludgeon transforms differently.

18. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

This post is just so much win on so many levels. Just what can I say other than thanks for the clarification. xD Dude you rock.

19. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I dunno how you got the idea he was based on Bludgeon, FFN. You brought this up on the TF Wiki before.
    The tracks on his back don't look the same at all and there's very little else in common with both designs (unlike the similarities between Titaniums Fallen and Stormbringer Meggy).

But hey, since we're on the topic of ol' Bluddy... Don, was there ever an explanation to why he walked around with his body so beat-up in Stormbringer? No lower jaw, various pieces of armor removed... but we never got an explanation for it.

20. DON

DON Well-Known Member

Ebay:

It pays homage to his original 'Undead' looking Pretender shell. without it the inner bot looks very generic to me.

also, as the warrior that he is, the 'injuries' he's suffered is like a badge of honor