Questions about the Beast War/Beast Machine series

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LightHope, Nov 5, 2010.

1. LightHope

LightHope New Member

Hi everyone,

I am new here and thought it'd be the best place to ask these questions which've been eating away at me. Watched the series time and time again but still .

So, please be patient if I ask for clarification on some of the answers you guys provide.

OK, here we. I'll start with the Beast Wars:

1) In one episode where Inferno makes his debut Tarantulus already knows Earth is doomed. HOW? The aliens hadn't entered Earth solar system but only seaded the planet with Energon and their toys.

2) What does Optimus Primal mean when he finishes commenting on the true purpose of Axalon's journey that Rampage's spark was replicated with Starcream's? What were they trying to achieve and was it the original Starscream?

3) The Dinobot that dies in the end how did he have memories of the original Dinobot when they have different sparks? It's like they became the same person?

4) Megatron wanting to blow up the ark into submission in the Nemesis 2, wouldn't the time storm affected him too? Since he'd be destorying his "namesake"? A cock up by the directors?

5) Optimus Primal wants to prevent Tigerhawk from destroying Megatron cause he's carrying the spark of the original Megatron. He's scared the affects will destory Cybertron itself? How?

6) How can Optimus Primal become a transmetal 2 just by absorbing Optimus Prime's spark? He didn't have any connection with that alien driver.

7) Also, speaking of which, how did Optimus Primal become a transmetal 1 when he wasn't hit by the quatum surge?

8) Did Rhinox actually go into the matrix and retrieve Optimus Primal's spark? In the Beast Machine series he makes it sound at times he's never been there.

9) Is it true the directors were gonna feature some of the Deceptacons from the Nemsis to awake and do battle with the Maximals?

10) Do you think Optimus Prime could possibly remember events that took place when his spark was inside Optimus Primal? In the Beast Machines series we see Blackarachnia's spark extracted but her concious is still intact? I mean she knew her sparked was yanked so Prime could've deduced that whilst he was dormant for millions of years something DID happen in between that period of time?

11) Do you think it was technically possiblefor the Maximals to revive the Autobots? What do you think the implications of this would've been? Your theories?

12) Who's Primus? I know this character has a different role in the comics and what not but generally I was told he's like the ultimate God of Transformers? He faught with Unicron or something at the beginning then made Cybetron? However, I thought it was the Quintessons who did?

13) The Covenant of Primus was aboard the Nemesis and the Ark when they both crashed? In the very last episode of Beast Wars Optimus Primal is reading one and is more or less foretelling what's gonna happen. Surely then the Autobots KNOW that the Beast Wars did happen when they were dormant and they'd win the Great War?

On to Beast Machines now:

1) Was the Oracle ever mentioned in the G1 series?

2) What's the difference between the Oracle and Vector Sigma when their both super computers?

3) When Optimus Primal saves Cybertron after he releases the Plasma energy does he like come back to life AGAIN or what? Did he die or was he just dreaming when he was doodling into space?

4) When Optimus Primal and NightScream enter Iacon, have they JUST found it? That's what it seems like by NightScream's intial reaction.

5) When the Oracle reformats them and gives them those technorganic bodies do they actually have real organs inside of them? Again, that's what it appears like when that drone is performing an X-ray on NightScream.

6) How does Noble become pure organic when he was originally a Transformer?

7) Does Optimus Primal and Megatron perish in the end when they fall into the organic core? What keys did they have by being able to reformat Cybertron?

OK, I think that's a wrap, lol. I hope. I look forward to recieving your responses and I hope I find some comprehensive ones. Thanks.

2. Kaje

Kaje Well-Known Member

2) What does Optimus Primal mean when he finishes commenting on the true purpose of Axalon's journey that Rampage's spark was replicated with Starcream's? What were they trying to achieve and was it the original Starscream?

They were trying to make an immortal spark like that of Starscream.

3) The Dinobot that dies in the end how did he have memories of the original Dinobot when they have different sparks? It's like they became the same person?

There was a scrapped episode called Dark Glass in which Rattrap would have uploaded original Dinobot's memories into T2 Dinobot. That never happened, but it would have been the explanation. Since it didn't happen, well, it was magic I guess.

4) Megatron wanting to blow up the ark into submission in the Nemesis 2, wouldn't the time storm affected him too? Since he'd be destorying his "namesake"? A cock up by the directors?

Willing to risk it.

5) Optimus Primal wants to prevent Tigerhawk from destroying Megatron cause he's carrying the spark of the original Megatron. He's scared the affects will destory Cybertron itself? How?

Time is fucked up, man.

6) How can Optimus Primal become a transmetal 2 just by absorbing Optimus Prime's spark? He didn't have any connection with that alien driver.

Optimal Optimus wasn't a Transmetal 2, just a regular but souped-up Transmetal.

7) Also, speaking of which, how did Optimus Primal become a transmetal 1 when he wasn't hit by the quatum surge?

All of the stasis pods were affected by the quantum surge. Same reason Rampage and Transmutate were transmetals, and the fuzors had transmetal properties as well.

8) Did Rhinox actually go into the matrix and retrieve Optimus Primal's spark? In the Beast Machine series he makes it sound at times he's never been there.

Yes. Or at least he went "on the other side of the Matrix."

9) Is it true the directors were gonna feature some of the Deceptacons from the Nemsis to awake and do battle with the Maximals?

I've heard so.

10) Do you think Optimus Prime could possibly remember events that took place when his spark was inside Optimus Primal? In the Beast Machines series we see Blackarachnia's spark extracted but her concious is still intact? I mean she knew her sparked was yanked so Prime could've deduced that whilst he was dormant for millions of years something DID happen in between that period of time?

No, but I think there is a story where he remembers the brief moment in Optimal Situation where he wakes up and looks at Primal.

11) Do you think it was technically possiblefor the Maximals to revive the Autobots? What do you think the implications of this would've been? Your theories?

Yes, it would have been possible, and likely would have caused massive timestorms.

12) Who's Primus? I know this character has a different role in the comics and what not but generally I was told he's like the ultimate God of Transformers? He faught with Unicron or something at the beginning then made Cybetron? However, I thought it was the Quintessons who did?

He's Transformer god. He created all of the transformers. The Quintessons are said to have created them in a few continuities, but that's probably an exagerration.

13) The Covenant of Primus was aboard the Nemesis and the Ark when they both crashed? In the very last episode of Beast Wars Optimus Primal is reading one and is more or less foretelling what's gonna happen. Surely then the Autobots KNOW that the Beast Wars did happen when they were dormant and they'd win the Great War?

The Covenant is clearly written in metaphor.

1) Was the Oracle ever mentioned in the G1 series?

No.

2) What's the difference between the Oracle and Vector Sigma when their both super computers?

The Oracle is a shell program for Vector Sigma. Same thing really.

4) When Optimus Primal and NightScream enter Iacon, have they JUST found it? That's what it seems like by NightScream's intial reaction.

Yes, Iacon had been buried for centuries, with Cybertropolis built on top of it.

5) When the Oracle reformats them and gives them those technorganic bodies do they actually have real organs inside of them? Again, that's what it appears like when that drone is performing an X-ray on NightScream.

Probably. But the organs themselves are technorganic too, so it's not just biological grossness in there. they're still Transformers.

6) How does Noble become pure organic when he was originally a Transformer?

Megatron purged the organic half from his body, creating a purely organic side.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I will answer to the best of my abilities.

Tarantulas had his own lair for a reason. He spent most of his time researching the aliens and their artifacts, and probably has estimated their return since the flyign island's destruction sent that signal.

Rampage was an experiment by the Maximal elders to reproduce Starscream's indestructible spark using a Maximal. It didn't work (so they thought) causign Rampage to go and destroy colonies. Optimus was picked to dump Rampage on a distant barren part of space where he could cause no more harm. No, it wasn't Starscream.

There's a "lost" episode that details how Dinobot 2 got teh original Dinobot's memories. Look up "Dark Glass" on TFWiki.net for full details.

More like Megatron's total plunge into madness. With no strategic options left he just decided that he'd destroy everything. One could make the case that since he held the original Megatron's spark (thus destroying the Ark would not destroy the original Megatron) that the universe would still become Decepticon-ruled.

He's not scared that destorying the original Megatron's spark would destory Cybertron, it's that Megatron (BW) could destroy everything.

He's not a Transmetal 2, nor was he ever refered to as one. He's even sold as a regular Transmetal. That was Prime's spark reformatting Primal's body to compensate for the extra power. (likewise with the Megatron's. He technically wasn't a TM2 either within the story, and never refered to as such)

Any nonearth "born" Cybertronian unsheilded by a CR chamber (which includes Protoforms, which primal's new body was made from) were affected by the quantum surge.

He didn't "join" the matrix, he simply "jumped in" to retrieve Primal's spark. In Beast Machine's he's actually dead and one with the Matrix.

Yes. The original idea as it's told was to feature the coneheads. this was also to "explain" their absence from season 1 of the original show.

Possibly, but more likely that not he chalked it up to a weird dream.

My guess is it would've been a bad idea. If Back To The Future has taught me anything, it's that even minor changes to the past can radically change the future. Afterall, what if one of the Autobot's died?

He's basically the Transformer's God.

I really wish the Covenant of Primus didn't exist. It's pretty silly. and raises to many questions. Though to answer your question it's all supposed to be coincidence/divine prophecy. I don't believe the implecation was that the G1 TFs knew anything of the Beast wars.

Not that I know of.

The Oracle is more like the master directory, while Vector Sigma is a sub-program. Vector Sigma is like a section is a libray that is the Oracle.

Depends on if you count Universe as canon, but within the series, no, he stays dead. His appearence after the reformatting was one last goodbye to Cheetor through the Oracle. (which Cheetor now posesses)

Yes. They emerge from some kind of shaft unto the city limits. They probably didn't expect to find it. (though Primal obviously knew it still existed beneath, but not where)

Yes and no. They're "organs" but they're evened out with machine parts, though I'd doubt you'd find anything recognizable.

Noble was never a Transformer. He was the organic half of Megatron who could shap-shift. He's just a creature made from the by-product of Megatron's seperation which held Megatron's spark for a bit.

This is where it gets kinda mystical. They're both dead, btu "live on" in Cybertron. Theirs was the struggle between good and evil, brought to balance in death.

I hope I ablidged.

4. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I'll do my best to answer some/most of these questions. please keep in mind I haven't seen BW/BM in over 10+years.

I'll list my numbered answers that are in order with your questions.

(1) Tarrantulas's has his computer equipment in his hidden lair & has been doing research & scanning the earth. so he knows some stuff the other beastwars guys don't.

(2) simply as it's stated,they must have trapped starscream's ghost spark from season 3 & did some experiments on it. perhaps producing a clone spark with the same ghost powers & indestructible qualities.

(3) in season one of beastwars,megatron uses some of dinobots DNA to create a clone. many assume beastwars megatron in season 3 used the same dinobot DNA he used in season one then enhanced it with vok technology to create a TM2 dinobot character.
    the clone in season one had some of dinobots memories,so the tm2 dinobot would have similar memories. perhaps megatron used a body part from dinobot that got destroyed in season 2 "code of hero" to create the clone TM2 dinobot.

(4) simon furman wrote this episode so perhaps the regular story writters bob & larry weren't keeping a close eye on this one. perhaps BW megatron felt he had nothing to lose by a different reality because his side lost the great war. so any different reality caused by his hand couldn't get worse then they already were in the future.

(5) Because both G-1 Optimus prime & G-1 Megatron have always been key players in the war. take out one main guy,who knows what will happen. it's best to have both sides with even power than to tip the balance of power scales.

(6) in season 3 optimus primal was never called a TM2. The optimal optimus new form is something entirely different. the optimal optimus toy doesn't list it as a TM2 toy.

(7) Rhinox used a spare pod body that was hit by the transmetal one power surge. so when rhinox found optimus primal's spark in season 2. rhinox put primals spark into a completly new pod body that got hit by the transmetal power surge technology explosion.

(8) there was no matrix of leadership in season 2 of beastwars for rhinox to travel into to retrieve optimus primals spark. I think rhinox used some spare parts left by the vok & some rigged up inventions he created to retrieve optimus primals spark in space from season 2 of beastwars.

(9) yes,it's true.simon furman had a incredible script written. but some characters didn't make the cut due to the high cost of CGI & the story plot being too long. rumor has it some season 2 G-1 coneheads seekers were going to be in this episode.

(10) G-1 optimus primes body & spark were in statis & off-line until they woke up 4 millions years later in 1984. BA spark when it got yanked out of her,she was alive & thus more aware of her spark conscious.

(11) this would have re-set the time events & created a time flux. having the ark crew wake up in beastwars time would have caused time itself to collapse upon itself & for the great war & every other event to draticially alter. anyways I don't think the maximals nor predacons had the available resources to fix those ark transformers nor reformat those huge gigantic transformers.

(12) many TF fans imagine/guess the following: Primus & unicron were created by the one according to simon furmans ultimate guide book. unicron was flawed that's why he became evil. primus was perfect & he was good. both unicron & primus fought in space. primus landed into a planet called cybertron. unicron crashed landed into another planet. both rebuilt their bodies using the planet they smashed into as resources.
    (12A) many TF fans imagine the following happened. Primus created the original 13,then went to sleep. while primus was asleep,the quintessons moved in & created newer transformers.

(13) who's to say,the ark autobots have the spare time to read the coventant of primus that primal read. i don't know the answer to this one. as i don't even remember it at all.

BM answered in order of your questions:

(1) I think it was mentioned in the mravel G-1 comics near the very end. the classics pretenders went to primus,went on their matrix quest & formed alliance groups against unicron that led up to issue 75. blugeon,thunderwing or maybe galvatron might have mentioned it. the oracle might have been mentioned in the UK marvel TF comics since xaaron emirate was a enlightned holy man of sorts.
    the oracle definately wasn't mentioned in the G-1 usa cartoon series.

(2) vector sigma is a super computer that is linked up to primus's core/spark. the oracle is more of a ghost spirt/spark

(3) Optimus primal was eventually going to return from his BM death. in a new series called transtech. however since transtech never happened,it's up to the fan whether primal returns or not. the TF uinverse toy line that ran from 2001 to 2007 had optimus primal return to save the day. so based off these events,just create your own story that makes sense to you.

(4) don't remember this,sorry,it's been over 10 years since i've seen these BM episodes.

(5) no their not real organics. the tm1 & tm2 forms were a even mixture of fake organics mixed with cybertron robot parts. the BM techno-organic new forms is a equal merger of the 2 without seperating them. basically just think of it this way,throw everything in a blender mix & stir & it's more evenly mixed & fluid.

(6) Noble/savage was created when megatron did a experiment to get rid of all his tm2 organic body parts. leaving megatron purely robotic & leaving the deleted stuff purely organic. something went wrong during the operation & megatrons spark got stuck inside the wrong body which was savage/noble. hence savage having a dragon looking beast mode.

(7) had transtech been given the green light. somehow primal & megatron would have returned in the transtech cartoon & toy line as the faction leaders.
    (7a)since transtech never happened. primal did manage to return in the 2001 universe toy story line. megatron never returned to my knowledge.
    (7b)yes the 2 keys used were directly from & referenced in the USA 1984-1987 TF g-1 cartoon series. the key to vector sigma was used in a season 2 episode. the plasma energy key was used in the 1987 headmasters rebirth episode.

Please I did my best to answer these questions. forgive me if some are wrong. as i haven't seen these cartoons in over a decade+. just trying to help a fellow TF fan.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

The only thing I can kind of offer to the already comprehensive answers given above (nice job guys btw! :thumbs2: ) is to question 1. I can't recall exactly where I heard it but isn't there a moment when Tarantulas is revealed to have different ancestry to the other Predacons and Maximals, thereby setting him outside any potential effects within their timestream and also, just possibly, giving him an insight into the wider scheme of things that the others do not possess.

Some of this is just speculation but one of the underlying themes of the series is that Tarantulas knows more of what is going on 'behind the scenes' than any of the other Transformers in the series, even Megatron. His constant scheming isn't just out of desperation and being completely batshit insane (although there is that), it's because he is aware of how he and the other characters fit into the big picture and has information on the past and the future and how it can be made to benefit him.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Not sure what you mean by "fake organics".

But they were most certinly real organic parts within.Thos parts were so mixxed with Cybertroinion tech that it wouldnt be reconisable, but being part real organic was the point of the entire series.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Exactly, they brought back the Earth organics in their bodies to reformat Cybertron.

I don't buy that "synth-organic" shit they called it after BM. Withing the context of both series, it's real organic matter. Though he's right about the BM techo-organic maximals. There's not really a seperation of technology and organics in them. They're the perfect blend.