Questions about the Bayverse Trilogy

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Jul 25, 2011.

1. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

Okay, just to be clear, I'm a huge fan of the films ; I've seen all three in theaters and have seen DotM in theaters four times. So, my intention behind the following questions are not to poke holes in their stories, but to fulfill my curiosity.

• Why are the bots which are brought to life by the ALLSpark Decepticons by default? In the first film, when Sam bumps into an SUV while carrying the ALLSpark and running from Megatron, the shock causes the ALLSpark to leak energy, which brings the SUV, an X-Box 360, and a Mountain Dew Machine to life all as Decepticons. They all immediately begin attacking Humans. Even in the second film, when a sliver of the ALLSpark falls through Sam's floor and into the kitchen below, the kitchen appliances are all turned into Decepticons. Are Autobots the non-default state of Cybertronian robots?
    • How did Optimus defeat The Fallen in the second film? The Fallen has mystical abilities which include telekinisis (when wielding his wand) and instant transmission through space and time. Optimus has none of these abilities; he's just an ordinary Cybertronian robot; The Fallen is like a demi-god (with Primus and Unicron being complete gods).
    • When the Cybertronian robots turn into vehicles, do they have leather interior seats and rubber tires? If so, aren't they supposed to be completely metallic?

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    They aren't Decepticons or Autobots. They're just violent little beasts.

Optimus Prime is a Prime. He is is the same standing as the Fallen and he had the power of Space Bridges.

Cybertronians are able to completely alter their physical structure.

Anymore questions?

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

1 - They are not "Decepticons", they are simply raw animals, it's like if you gave a baby a pistol: He'd probably shot the shit out of everything, but that doesn't mean he is evil.
    Besides, all Earthly technology was reverse-engineered from a certain Decepticon...

2 - The Fallen mentioned that only a "Prime" could defeat him, it is assumed that the Primes are immune to all of the Fallen's powers, making him no more threat to Optimus than any other Cybertronian.

3 - They can probably create such things like they can create ammo.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Hard-light holograms?

5. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    1 - They're just rabid creations with instincts only. They haven't gotten their "soul" yet.

2 - The Fallen said that only a Prime can defeat him, so there's that.

3 - Their exoskeletons/protoforms are made up of an organic alloy that forms and mimics what they have scanned. It has the physical properties of rubber or whatever else "isn't metal" but is a part of them. Or I could be what Balder said.

6. BluRayHiDef

Thanks for the answers. They are fun to read. On another note, when Cybertron was destroyed in DotM, doesn't that mean Primus was killed (since Primus is Cybertron)?

7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    As of now there is no Primus in the movie canon.

8. BluRayHiDef

Also, how can The Primes have descendants if they killed themselves to hide the Matrix of Leadership from The Fallen? How do the bots even have "kids"? I know that in the series and the comics, the bots use asexual budding to have "kids", but what about in the films? Also, how can Optimus be descended from all of the Primes? And finally, when is it revealed in the films that Optimus has the power Space Bridges?

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I seriously doubt you can program violent behavior into a toaster. Even if modern tech was reverse engineered from Optimus Prime, that toaster would still try to kill you.

I look at it this way. If a calculator or a clock was hit by allspark energy, it would be a feral beast.

If KITT, from Knight Rider was exposed to the Allspark, he would be given a spark, but the mind would already be there. It would just be more refined.

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Regarding the Primes, who knows.

Regarding space bridges, Optimus Prime didn't personally have them, Jetfire's old body did.

11. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

They had them before the Fallen's betrayal. Primes are a dynasty. As Jetfire explained the original Primes searched for suns to bring Energon back to Cybertron. Meaning the Allspark's Energon is not inexhaustible. Meanwhile their descendants run Cybertron while they were gone. Until the Fallen had Order 66 them leaving a few survivors like Sentinel and Optimus.

Jetfire said much of his issues come from his mother. But he is proud of his father.

Going over the Nemesis scene with the hatchlings the definite thing is that at least there is cloning involved. For example the Twins Skids and Mudflap are brothers which is a similar case to the original 7 Primes, the Arcees seem to be clones of each other.

Film only canon yes no mention of Primus. Primus is only mentioned in the IDW Foundation prequel as the ancestor of the Primes. IDW pretty much contradicts itself. Anyways writers and Bay hasn't approved these as canon continuity.

12. Skywarp2413

Skywarp2413 Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, I just thought of something: Jetfire has space bridge technology, right? However, Sentinel said (in regards to space bridge tech) "I and I alone can control it" so, how did Jetfire obtain it? I know Sentinel betrayed the Autobots, but he would never willingly surrender his technology to the Decepticons, because in NEST base, after he was resurrected and Optimus told him about the 5 pillars he salvaged, he was (I believe) honestly surprised the Cons stole a few hundred pillars from him..... Which raises two questions: Not only how did Jetfire space bridge with using only his internal mechanisms, how did he bridge without any pillars?

13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Movieverse Primus is not Cybertron, according to foudnation he is the first transformer ever created

There is a movieverse primus, read Tales of the fallen 4 fallen claism they are the childern of primus, and foudnation claism Sentinel is a direct desendant of Primus (the first cybertronian)

14. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The Space Bridge was a Lsot technology that coudl onyl be used by the original primes and seekers, Years later the Space bridge tech was lost, and then Sentinel recreated the Space Bridge technolgoy after making his deal with Megs

15. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  16. BluRayHiDef

More questions:

When does Sentinel learn english and when does he gain his alternate / vehicle form? It seems as if he already had his vehicle form while in stasis mode, in the Ark, on the moon. That doesn't make sense.

17. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    thats one we cant awnser.

18. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He gets his alt mode sometime after he I awakened. When he is revived, he is slightly different than later in the movie. His color is darker at first, them becomes brighter red, and he has the fire engine markings in several places on his body. Also, he has round things user his chest and on his legs, but they do not have tires on them until later on. Slight differences, but they are there.

As for how he learns English, maybe from the matrix?

-Silvershot

19. BluRayHiDef

Well, I'd really like to know the answer. On another note, recall the opening scene on Cybertron when the Ark was evading gunfire. Remember the two Cybertronian bots inside of it with one of them manning the gunner and the other one directing where to shoot? Was one of them Sentinel?

20. Skywarp2413

Skywarp2413 Well-Known Member

thanks eagc7, that actually clears things up for me. :) 

In the first movie, Optimus says they learned the languages through the internet, and since the Matrix has been fused with his spark, that knowledge was probably passed onto Sentinel as he resurrected him.

As for the model, they probably didn't want to make an entire new model just for about 15 seconds of screentime.
    oh wait:
    [​IMG]
    nevermind :D