Questions about the 1st movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by squawkbox74, Mar 8, 2008.

1. squawkbox74

squawkbox74 Mawile enthusiast

I am writing a sequel to the transformers movie and i just need to know a couple of thing.
    1. where did this movie take place?
    2 why are there cybertronian symbols on their faces?
    3 is it brawl or devastator in the movie?
    4 whould the year this took place be 2007?

2. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    A little bit of everywhere... Niceville, The Hoover Dam, Mission City
    Because they're from Cybertron.
    Devastator
    I assume.

If you're writing a sequel, shouldn't you watch the first one?
    Just a thought.

3. jlwtformer1337

jlwtformer1337 Decepticon

He's right.

4. squawkbox74

squawkbox74 Mawile enthusiast

One, ive watched the movie at least 30 times, Two, Where is Niceville?

5. LightGeneral524

LightGeneral524 Member

According to google, Niceville is a city in Florida. I don't thik it has anything to do with the movie.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i dunno about niceville, but its Brawl, not Devastator-Bay liked Devastator, but the movie people say its Brawl. calling him Devastator in the movie was an accident

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I wouldnt call it a accident.Wether the writters wanted it to be Brawl or not Bay has said a few times that he thought the name Devastator sounded more menesing then Brawl.

And since ultimately it was his call as director I contend that leaving the name "Devastator" was Bay's idea.Second if it was really just a mistake why didnt they fix it for the I-Max release???

The I-Max release had some added footage so why not fix the mistake it thats what it was.

The so called mistake was also not fixed for the DVD release as was hinted it would be by the writters.

Calling it a mistake [In my opinion] requires that one believes that all of Bay's staff, the writters, the producers,the FX guys, the sub-titals guys and Bay himself are all incompetent.

they all got to view the "dailies" [finished footage] every day of production, the step by step adding of the F/X's and got a private viewing as well as a test market aduiance viewing.

With all of that how can anybody believe that none of them noticed that the wrong name was being used for the film.

The way I see it the name "Devastator" was used because Bay thought it was cool.

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    well, i believe that it was Bay himself who said that it was an accideny (it was in the special features) and that the name was Brawl, though he liked Devastator better. they didnt change it back though because they figured the damage had been done and didnt want to confuse the fandom even more, but didnt change it for the toyline for a reason that i cant remember-i think it was that they had already packaged him with his correct and official name of Brawl.

as for how the mistake occured, i believe it was something like the subtitle guy wasnt sure which name it was since both were being used, so he went with what the director liked more-just turned out to be the wrong one.

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    1.cybertronian is their language
    2.it is supposed to be brawl(someone got fired)
    3.it must be current because if they followed the series it would be 2005 or earlier

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I've pored over all the special features and I cant find one instance wher they refer to the "Name" issue with this character.If I missed something please point it out to me so I can see it for my self.

But since you brought it up I find it less likely that the change was the result of a mistake because in the special features section of the movie where there showing behind the scenes footage on the different characters and how they were animated they still refer to the character as Deverstator.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And an other funny thing is that fellow TFW2005 member "griffin-of-oz" reported that when he/she was at a Australian press conference he asked M.Bay why there was a name change and Bays reply was.......

Heres the original post:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?p=1360922#post1360922

Now that alone doesnt prove much and would also have to trust "griffin-of-oz" to believe it but I've found nothing else in any of his other post for me not to believe him.

But his info is just an other peace of the puzzel in the "its not a mistake" debate.

If you go to M.Bays website and look threw the many sorted post that Bay himself made on the threads there and in ever artical about the movie and its characters you'll see that every time he refers to the tank character he calls it Deverstator and not Brawl.Heres the site if you want to look it all up.
    http://www.michaelbay.com/

But I'll warn you know its a lengthy prossus.I did it once before in an other debate and I'm not going to do it again.

So again I ask you.....when Bay was shown the finished scene, long before the film went into mass production, why didnt he tell anyone to correct the mistake???

The directors of movies are shown finished scenes as their finished just incase something needs to be re-edited.

And I'll also ask you why when Bay had his private viewing, again before the movie was mass produced for release, did he not notice the mistake and have it corrected????

And an other question...why when the film was shown to a test audiiance ,with Bay in attendance , did he not catch the mistake and have it corrected????

Are you expecting me to believe that Bay ,pluse all others involved like the writters and producers and Hasbro guys that were in attendance for all [or most] of those viewings did not notice the mistake and had it corrected before the film was mass printed???

Are all those guys that incompetent????

The chances that it was really a mistake are close to none.

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

'everything else is wrong' Haha that's pretty funny considering Micheal Bay is.....not an authority on a Transformer, and probably doesn't know or care about the differences between an Autocon and a Deceptibot. Hahaa!
    Ahhhhh Micheal Bay, you lovable jester you.

But seriously if you (Squawkbox74) are writing a fan fiction, Name Brawl what ever name you really want to because this Brawl/Devastator debate will never end unless they decide to ad the real Devs into on the sequels. So until then people will continue to bicker over this one, myself included.
    Me personally, it's Brawl. And nothing's going to change that, no matter what everyones lord and savior, Micheal Bay might have to say about that.
    I'm sure if their really is to be a movie Devastator you can bet your bippy, he will be far more impressive then some Decepticon bum who can barely fight off a handfull of marines, and got taken out by Bumblebee.

12. jametron

News Credits:
    Yes, Niceville is a town in Florida (coincententally where my bro lives), but I kinda fudged that one because I couldn't remember the name of the town the kids supposedly lived in... but it was something cheesy like that, Pleasentville, Niceville, Serenity. Regardless it was fake, like Mission City.

If I come across the novel in my den I'll look for you SquawkBox.

And I meant no offence by asking if you've ssen the first one, but you've apparently seen it more than me (I've seen it maybe 5 times the whole way through)... why do not know this stuff?? :p 

13. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The surburban scenes are probably Los Angeles, because the Autobots have their discussion at Griffith Observatory.

14. jametron

News Credits:
    Ah, I just found it... at least according to the novel, the town (or supposed suberb of L.A. maybe) is called Tranquility.

*throws up in mouth a little*

So, there ya go... the movie takes place in 2007, in Tranquility, at the Hoover Dam, Griffith Park Observatory, and Mission City.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    What is this scene shot from? I don't remember seeing it in the movie.

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I agree that Bay knows close to nothing about TF's but the ultimate desision of what to name the characters in the movie was his.

As I said in my post.........

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Sorry.

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

No reason to be sorry..........If I read off as rude I apologize....that was not my intention.

19. MugenAutobot

MugenAutobot Well-Known Member

I call him Brawl. always have always will!

20. AngusDF

AngusDF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The fictional city where Sam lives is called Tranquility and is located in Nevada. Other locations include the Pentagon (in Washington, D.C.), and the Hoover Dam (between Nevada and Arizona). The final battle takes place in Mission City, which is 22 miles north of the Hoover Dam. The desert and airbase scenes took place in Qatar.

By the way, all scenes that take place in Tranquility and Mission City were filmed in Los Angeles, thus the confusion. The highway scenes were also shot in Los Angeles and its vicinity.