Questions about TF: Energon plot

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by hailmegatron, Sep 27, 2009.

1. hailmegatron

hailmegatron Member

I just watched TF: Energon and there are a few questions I have about the story. I'd appreciate it if anyone would clear any of them up for me. Thanks!

1) I thought there was a part in the third story arc where Cybertron went through a warp gate or something, and Rodimus went too, and then said he was going to go to Optimus, but then in the next episode Cybertron went through it again? Does anyone know what I'm talking about and could they please explain it?

2) In the last episode Kicker is told that Unicron should not be destroyed because he has both good and evil in him. We also learn that he is a part of everyone. But then Galvatron's death removes the Unicron threat. How? Isn't Unicron still part of everyone and couldn't he just possess someone else?

3) Misha disappears for part of the third story arc - where did she go and why? I think they mentioned it afterwards but I don't remember.

4) When Shockblast escapes from prison we see that there are lots of imprisoned Decepticons. How come for the rest of the series we don't see tons of them, only Megatron's tiny band of Decepticons? At least we see more Autobots on Cybertron during the fourth story arc.

Thanks in advance!

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The thing you have to remember is that energon is not a very well written series.

A lot of the problems you've mentioned can be explained away as continuity errors, or simply poor writing. I don't think any of them have an "in-cannon" explanation.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Honestly, it's just best to forget any of Energon ever happened.

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Since when did Energon have a plot?

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Which cannon?

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Also, some of the dialogue was lost in translation from Japanese. The translation was not the best to have ever graced a Transformers series.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    A typo, on the internet. GASP.

Though, to answer you, the cannon that the scripts for energon should have been loaded into and fired into the sun.

9. hailmegatron

hailmegatron Member

ok thanks for all the replies. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, but I thought at least some of those problems might have had in-universe explanations.

even though Energon's story was pretty lazy, and there are lots of annoying things about the show in general, I still enjoyed the series...looks like I'm in the minority on that one!

10. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About the only one of these that actually has a legitimate answer is this one:

We are, essentially, expected to believe that when Unicron partially came to life around... episode... 22ish? ...and his internal defences kicked in, that aaaaaaaall the other Decepticons were killed by them, while Megatron's small team survived.

The rest of those are genuinely the result of just plain bad writing. Well, 2 and 3, anyway, I don't remember 1 properly, and I'm sure as heck not going back to look and see! :) 

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Um, you sat through all of Energon?

12. Obi

Obi rhymes with epididymus

It's a lot more tolerable as Super Link. The last 13 episodes are still brutal though.

13. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, a *little* more, anyway, in as much as the conversations are comprehensible.