Questions about Roadbots.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razorblaze, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

Has anyone bought these? Are they good, decent, or not?

2. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got one, the orange 1:32 Lamborghini Murcielago and it's decent, the car mode looks really nice, but the bot mode isn't that great, lots of kibble. But he has some cool accessories, like a light up sword and a bird companion. Definitely worth the $5 I paid for him, don't know if I'd pay too much more than that though.

3. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Depends on what you're looking for in a transforming toy. For the price (retail) I would say they're a pretty decent deal, but I wouldn't order them online as the somewhat inflated pricing doesn't make them that desirable.

These things are parts-formers as well, so if you don't dig that you should avoid them. I've found the plastic is a good quality and they are fairly well made toys.

4. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Overall I like the ones I have. If you have a Value City nearby you may be able to find the 1/32 scale ones for ~$8. I have six of the 1/32 and two of the 1/18.

I tend to like the vehicle modes more than the robot modes.

The 1/18 Land Cruiser is popular as a custom Grimlock.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're decent but I'd rather use 'em as kitbash material than toys.

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've a 1:18 green Lambo Murcielago, Alt mode rocks, bot mode not so much. Bu pretty cool, get them cheap if you can.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They're okay if you get 'em cheap. CHEAP. Decent quality, accessories are fun, especially the electronic ones, and the transformations are fun.

I was kinda dissapointed because there's no way for them to look like they work next to Alts, which is what I was hoping for. But that was my fault for having flawed expectations.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I REALLY wish there was wider distribution on these... as somebody mentioned, there's way too much of a mark-up online for some reason. They're cool, but a 1:32 Roadbot is not worth more than you'd pay for a similar sized Deluxe TF.

I wish Spencer at Ages Three & Up was still getting these. He didn't get any of the new ones, and even the old ones are no longer accessible on their new website. I get the impression that Happywell is really slow when it comes to shipping these things. BBTS has had a bunch of these on pre-order for like... a year! :p 

zmog