Questions about Megs and the glasses

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kurochan_24, Aug 30, 2007.

1. kurochan_24

kurochan_24 Well-Known Member

Well, i haven't read the prequel book so forgive me.

But I would like to know, since megs followed the allspark to earth. Did he knew the exact location on where it landed on earth? Is it also the north pole since it is where he crashed. Next, if the allspark is in the north pole, then why and what location would Megs imprint on the glasses?

Oh and by the way, when OP scanned the glasses, he said the allspark is 230 miles from their location, which means it's just within the US. Then how could megs, all frozen in the north pole, possibly imprint the location on the glasses. Could he just knew or foretell that it would be brought to the US?

That's the only part i'm a bit confused.

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He knew where the Allspark was on Earth but the *ahem* "gravitational" field (I'm guessing they meant magnetic?) screwed up his navigation systems and he crashed into the north pole.

3. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

The Allspark crashed where they built the Hoover dam since it looked like part of it was still embedded in the rock. Megs just got screwed up by a badly written part of the story and ended up frozen at the pole. Megs knew where the allspark was. *note, I like the movie so don't get all movie mark on me*

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I still think just saying "he crash landed" would've sufficed, the whole magnetic feild thing doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I was confused at first too. He knew where the allspark was, He just made a wrong turn in Albuquerque.

I liked how the prequel depicted it IIRC .Like he landed in the Arctic to check his map and his hot feet melted the ice underneath causing it to break under his weight so he crashed through the ice.

6. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Megs knew where exactly the allspark was when he was heading to earth. But because of the gravity or something, he got knocked off course and crashed in the southpole. At the time the Allspark was *always* at the Hoover Dam. It was built around the Allspark to hide it, the Allspark was never moved. As such the coordinates Megs knew where the same the entire time he was frozen. As such, when Prime scanned the glasses, he was using the info Megs knew before he crashed to hunt it down.

Or to put it more clearly, the Allspark crashed in the US long before Megs came to earth. When he got close, he sensed it's position and was heading to it but got knocked off course and crashed. When he imprinted the info into the glasses, it was so the other 'cons could find it, and then him, while he was frozen.

7. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who said it was the magnetic field? The humans? Well in that case I prefer the comic's explanation: lack of energon and getting burnt up in the atmosphere. So that's what happens if you don't use a protoform!

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Wasn't it actually a combination of all three things? The South Pole's magnetic field, lack of energon reserves and the extreme heat of re-entry, that screwed him up? I'd like to believe that to be the case.

9. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I like that version a lot better.

10. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I love how Cpt. Witwicky activated the navigation by touching one of Megatron's fingers.

11. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Better than the crotch. But yeah, I found that detail to be pretty weak. I still like the movie overall though.

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

He didn't 'activate' the navigation, he awoke megs by making contact and Megs shot the navigation at him. Megs was there for thousands of years with no signs of life near him. The slightest heat source or source of energy was probably enough to snap him out of a hibernation mode giving him full consciouness about what was occuring around him from that moment onwards.

13. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe. It's just funny how as soon as Cpt. touches Megatron's finger the eyes light up. Like he pushed a button or something. Just something that makes me giggle.

14. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

at least that makes sense to know that megs didnt land where he new the cube was and the cube hadnt been moved. i was concerend about that.

15. littlebotbrat

littlebotbrat Well-Known Member

I want to know where his men weren' there with him and why did they leave him all by himself.

16. kurochan_24

kurochan_24 Well-Known Member

Thanks you very much. :) 

17. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Hey that plot worked just fine for Jetfire in the 80's series.