questions about leader Brawl

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xonic, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So, Finally picked up my leader brawl today and i have to say, i'm impressed. HOwever, as usual, I have a few questions that perhaps some of you kind folk could help answer.
    Firstly, where do i push on his chest to make him make his sounds? I've heard people say the grey piece, but because I have no sight, that's a bit tricky for me. CAn anyone describe it?
    Secondly, how the ding dong do you get his blades out of his leg? I had a loose one that if i tap the leg hard enough it sort of falls out, but the other is completely jammed in there. Is there a notch or groove i can get with my fingernail to pull it down?
    Finally, is it just me, or can brawls legs never truly ratchet in to their last hip joint at the same time? it seems that because of all the armor plating, the legs never fully stay together. HOw do you get him to stand? best i've found is ratcheting to one click out on the hip joints and having him legs apart
    Any help appreciated, thanks.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The sound buttons are actually disguised as armour plates/hatches on the top of his smaller, secondary turret.

I'm pretty sure there's a small hook in the front of his leg that you can flick at with your fingernail to get his blade out.

Can't comment on the ratchet issue without the toy in front of me.

3. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

There's a double hook-like piece between the front armor panel release switches on Brawl's chest that operates the head Automorph. You can pull it down slightly to have all three sounds activate in sequence. If you want the first sound, an explosion, just push the main turret barrel in as though it were a button. There's a pair of buttons on Brawl's secondary turret, a bit behind the barrels that each correspond to the machine gun fire sound and the rocket firing sound. The secondary turret will also trigger these sounds when turned to the left or right. Be warned, however, as the secondary turret will not turn past the robot mode position in either direction. If it resists, try turning in the opposite direction. Either sound from it will continue for as long as the button is held down or as long as the turret is facing that particular direction.

As for the blades, there's a small notch right at the base of them that you can push down on with a fingernail to deploy the blades. Just run your finger down the blade, and you should feel it.

Finally, the legs do not sit any closer together other than for tank mode. The feet don't pivot to be flat with the legs spread, and the armor panels indeed prevent his legs from coming any closer. The feet do unfold, however, and he generally stands fine. Unfold the heel piece first, (the outermost part from tank mode) then the toe piece, (innermost from tank mode) and then finally the inner parts of the feet.

I hope this has helped, as it's hard to describe something to someone who can't see it at all for me.

4. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Dbarricade, I think you did a good job there, thanks :)  i'll have to have a look at all these over the weekend. Right now my biggest concern is the button on the chest. i think i have it right it does feel like a little hook, or loop, and it sits on his breast plate i think, just above a piece that flaps down. It also feels like it should move, but it seems to be jammed solid. any ideas? relly strangely, my one had a random twisty tie shoved through a spot near there in the box, not sure what this was for, but it struck me when it was new in the box i couldn't press that hook bit down through the whole that said try me. the other sounds work fine so I know it's not the batteries.

5. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    wow, ok i got the chest thing to work, but the only way this seems to work, is to press the head slightly down which vaiguely moves the hook. then it seems to activate the sequence.

6. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi, sorry, 2 more questions, for now anyway :)  you mention the secondary turret activates the soundsd, but in robot mode, does this work at all? as mine doesn't seem to in robot mode.it can turn, but no sounds. Also, in robot mode, does the turret rest against his back like a backpack, or point with the blasters over his head and swing upwards? BWTFs instructions seem to indicate it swings up so the guns are over his head, but i've no idea how you lock it in place if that's the case.