Questions about KOTOYS

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CURAMEN, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. art2614

art2614 Well-Known Member

I did that once and they just refunded my money. You might want to go on their forum and contact him that way. I believe he has posted a better way to contact him. Just let him know you forgot to add the shipping to the order. I have ordered from them and didn't have any problems, arrived within a couple of weeks well packaged. I would order from them again.

2. Bumblebee92

Bumblebee92 Wheeljack Fan

i emailed him so hopefully he will reply and if not in the next day ill try that

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    1. How's their service?

A mixed bag: Mike screwed up a LOT of my orders (toys with missing/damaged parts, missing paint apps, missing toys, etc.). He would then offer me a deal on the next order... that he would screw up in some way as well. Mike was usually pressuring me a lot when it was time to collect the money, but when it was time to put the stuff in the mail, he was often very slow.

2. Where are they located?

Guangzhou, China, home of all things stolen and illegal.

3. If you purchased anything from them, what was your experience like?

Mike used to be a necessary evil to get unreleased toys but I stopped caring about him when he called like a maniac in the middle of the night for $30 I was owing (after probably spending close to $2K with him over the years), waking up my pregnant wife and my baby daughter in the process. That guy is severely mentally unstable and is known for making death threats to various members for the most ridiculous reasons. Don't deal with that guy, he doesn't deserve anyone's business.

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I guess I was lucky with my order. However, I'd be nervous to order from him again.

5. Bumblebee92

Bumblebee92 Wheeljack Fan

i dont think i will be doing buisness with him again now for one he didnt give me any info about my order so i canceled order and got a better deal on both things i ordered on ebay gotta love ebay :D 

6. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I was tempted to buy from KOToys, but then again, I'm glad I found my awesome plastic crack dealer on iOffer :rock 

I purchased a KO Menasor from him for $90./shipped. The shipping box was so pristine coming from China, I had to take a pic for you guys. The actual Menasor box was bubble wrapped nicely and then put into the box below. 4th time ordering from him....... Won't be my last.

[​IMG]

7. Tigertrack

If not from KOTOYS, then where can you order KO's from? Is there a more reliable source?

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sellers on iOffer tend to get the reproductions fairly often, and by the sounds of the post right above yours, do a grand job with the shipping.

9. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Toyarena has the high quality KOs sometimes.

They are my only vendor online anymore, unless I need an exclusive to another vendor.

10. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
  11. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

t800pro
    iOffer Stores - t800pro's Store

12. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  13. Wraithier

Wraithier Well-Known Member

I also am having issues with KOToys apparently. I placed an order Oct 1st and I haven't heard a thing now. I know China was on Holiday for a week but I expected to hear something by now.

14. JazzMeister

JazzMeister Too school for cool

Where's the best bet for BT and ALT KO's?

I've ordered a Hummer KO from Chimungmung and that's in the post. I was impressed with KOToys selection, but have been put off by the comments on this thread. iOffer doesn't seem to produce any results there either.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I don't know why you guys are having so much trouble with KOtoys; I got very fast communications and the items arrived as expected via EMS. There was a non-stock issue I had with them, but they told me promptly and gave me options to replace item, refund, ship current items, etc.

The packing was SUPERB. I have rarely seen packaging done that well. plenty of protection.

16. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What he said is what I think....
    But remember what your getting.... A KO!!!
    So if your toy breaks when you touch it, you got what you paid for..... Basically its risky.... Like I got a amazing Nemesis Prime but I got a crappy leader Animated Starscream.

17. Tigertrack

I don't think we're complaining about KO toys, but their service.
    They do have a nice selection and there are several figures I'd like to get from him. I was very happy with my purchases on the G1 Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, and Mirage. Only problem was you don't hear anything for like two weeks or so and then it shows up.
    Like I said, reading all these negative posts makes me think twice about ordering from him again.

18. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

I placed an order about two weeks ago and accroding to shipping tracking should be here today. I'll report about the quaility of the items and packaging. Also, I emailed them several times and they were quick to respond. So far so good.

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    hm, I am not defending him, as I only purchased once.

However, my experience is that, within 2-3 business days, I got a reply for the non-stock issue, and it was quickly solved. (actually, I made them wait on me, and they were really patient about it)

After that, they shipped the next business day, and gave me a tracking number, which came in 5 business days. The package was trackable thru the entire process, nothing was "slow" or uncommunicative...

The thing is, I ordered a loose blackout and Dark sKyfire, both legit (I was gonna get a Shadow KO but then scored a legit for approx the same price). They both came very well wrapped, loose (as I asked them to be).

20. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A few of you guys mentioned Chimungmung and Ioffer seller t800pro Store for alternative sources for KO's, I just wanted to mention that I've also ordered from them both multiple times and I can Highly recomend them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.