Questions about KOTOYS

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CURAMEN, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    I have a few questions about KOTOYS...

1. How's their service?

2. Where are they located?

3. If you purchased anything from them, what was your experience like?

2. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I ordered some KO classics seekers for repaint purposes in March. One had his chest smashed in. Both had knees assembled backward. Both crumbled upon first transformation.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    1) Poor
    2) China
    3) don't even bother.

4. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I just bought from them yesterday so im actually curious about their service.

5. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

I've ordered several items from them in the past. Service is pretty good. If they say it's a high end ko, then it's just about as good as anything hastak puts out. Shipping takes a little bit depending because they are an Asia company, not sure exactly where they are located though. Everything I've received came pretty well packaged.

6. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've ordered some stuff. Read reviews of the particular figure you are planning to buy before ordering. The KO G1 reissues are generally good, although I was disappointed by the the quality of Cyclonus and Devastator. The newer scramble city combiner sets are really good though, as are Mirage and Shockwave. Shipping is pretty fast, considering they're coming from China. I haven't bought anything besides the "high quality" KO's though, so I can't vouch for the classic KO's...

7. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

They're in Asia (china?).

I've bought once from them, got a few KO Seeker (who are brittle but good enough) and KO G1 Wheeljack. My Wheeljack was a mess, and I contacted them about it. After a few email they said they would send a replacement, but always seemed to forgot to ship it. I had to remind them all the time (like once a month), but after about 9 month I finally got my replacement.

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

1. If you just add Mike on MSN Messenger, you can talk to him directly.
    2. China
    3. All my experiences have been fantastic with them. I've ordered from them 6 times now and everything is packaged well and usually takes about 2 weeks to receive.

Check the feedback thread however, some of the feedback is pretty lousy but in the end... paypal has your back so if your screwed over, file a complaint within 45 days and you get your money back.

9. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

I purchased a Red G1 Mirage Ko from them a ways back. Shipping was quick and the item was decent.

10. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Anyone purchase anything from them lately and received it in a timely manner? I placed my order on 9/23 and I have yet to receive anything or even a reponse from them to my e-mails.

11. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

I tried dealing with Mike once, and I'll never try again, nuff said :crazy: 

12. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Just be careful what you say to him. If you rub him the wrong way he'll send you death threats. And no, that's not an exaggeration.

13. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Can be really good at times but have had some packing issues recently.

14. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

1- Mike's a good guy to deal with. Great guy really. However, what you give him is what you'll get back. Be an asshole to him, you get an asshole back your way. So just be professional and courteous in your correspondence with him. It shouldn't be too hard to ask for in a transaction.

2- He's in China.

3- I've bought twice from him before he set up the KOtoys site, and both were a couple of the best transactions I've had on this board. I've bought once through the KOtoys site, and nothing was different.

I got my package within a week (though I live in Seattle), everything was packed well, because the box itself is torn up- but that's more because of China's postal system. The only thing worse than China's postal system is India's.

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I've been considering gettingt eh KO Menasor and Defensor giftsets from him.

16. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I ordered the menasor set and havent received anything. Im regretting now not going through someone on ioffer.

17. kingnothing80

kingnothing80 Well-Known Member

I ordered the oversized ROTF colored Dev, the "intelligence warrior" Dev, and the oversized classics Galvatron 3 days ago. Yesterday I got an update from them saying they'd shipped. I'll let you know how long it takes as I live in Maryland, but this will be my forth purchase scattered out across 2 years and I've always had my items within 2 weeks. The postal people tend to do a number on the boxes but I've always ordered loose and everything's always been fine. I think I only ever emailed him once, but the response was quick, and painless.

18. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

A few people have already gotten it right, but to reiterate:

1. Go to your local Big Lots, and buy a KO. Understand what KOs are like, so your expectations are adjusted properly.
    2. Read reviews of the KO you are considering.
    3. Order and enjoy. Some products are jaw-droppingly good, such as the G1 Shockwave and Mirage.

19. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    KOTOYS has been good to me so far.

Bought 3 Loose HTFD Voyager Starscreams from the soon-to-be-released HFTD "Starscream's Assault" Wal-Mart exclusive two-pack in July and one Loose HFTD Voyager Ironhide from the soon-to-be-released HFTD "Fury of Bonecrusher" Wal-Mart exclusive two-pack in August.

All 4 items arrived complete and in good condition! :thumbs2: 

20. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've gotten several of my "pre-release" Transformers from them (never bought any KOs from them) and the service is always good. Good communication, good packaging, decent shipping time, and my stuff has always arrived in great condition. Last thing I bought from them was HFTD Highbrow a couple months ago, and I had no problems at all with the transaction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.