Questions about Jafcon Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Allsparky, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Hey all. Recently obtained what I guess is a "black jafcon nemesis convoy or prime". I went ahead and opened it, which I'm very glad I did because this is what I found: Cab has a couple of somewhat loose joints/peeling stickers, and one of the back tires looks overstretched and ovaled. I can't find any stamping on the cab either. The trailer on the otherhand is flawless and there is a Takara date stamp on the underside. So my questions are:

1. Has anybody opened theirs, if they have one, and if so do they also have some of these flaws?
    2. Do you think the cab could possibly be a ko paired up with the real trailer?
    3. With a two part TF like this, should there be a takara date stamp on the cab as well, or just on the trailer?
    4. Any idea why it came in an original Optimus Prime box and why the purple stickers on the trailer are Autobot symbols? This last question is not really a bother as it is more a curiosity.

Thanks peeps for any insight you can provide.

2. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

No version of the G1 Optimus Prime cab has a trademark stamp, so that's not conclusive.

However the real Jafcon Prime should come in a Takara style box, without the flap. AFAIK, the KO Black Prime only came in a Hasbro style box, with flap.

3. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Purple stickers? :sly2: 

This IS the authentic Jafcon Black Convoy.

[​IMG]

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah should have done some more research my friend, sad to say because you did not buy a Jafcon prime. see above picture.

hope you did not pay Jafocn Prime prices for it :( 

5. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Ok my box with flap, says Hasbro on it. The stickers running down the side of the trailer are Purple, not red and blue like Automorpher's pic. Under the front of the trailer is a Takara Japan 1980,1982 stamp. Was there maybe a black "reissue" back in the 80's or something?

6. Deceptigtar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nope.

there is just a ko.
    Black Convoy Autobot Optimus Prime G1 - G1 KO at KOTOYS.COM

Stickers come unapplied on the trailer for the KO, some will apply them and try to pass it off as a Jafcon. As far as purple stickers, they probably came from reprolabels.com?

did you get off ebay? you got a link the auction?

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Without pics, it sounds like you didn't even get a good KO Jafcon Black Convoy.

The good KO came without stickers and had several other minor differences.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unfortunately you got a knock-off. If the packaging doesn't look like the picture Automorpher posted, it's a KO. To know for sure you should post a couple of pics or point to the auction/site you got it from.

This. Paying big money for an expensive toy is one thing. Paying big money for a KO of an expensive toy just sucks on many levels.

9. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Well I suppose a dunce hat is in order for me boys! Did buy it off ebay but looking back at the auction, the seller did not state that it was Jafcon, but rather a "Transformers Black Nemesis Prime Optimus Prime". In the description the seller states that it is a "sealed transformers black optimus prime/nemesis prime....and that it was a reissue figure". Now, this figure and box looks exactly like the pic Deceptigtar showed of the ko, but with the purple stickers already in place. I just thought that a Black Prime was a Jafcon because I didn't know of any other. Him saying that it was a reissue didn't raise a flag because anything after the original is a reissue if you want to get technical. I'm guessing I bought a knockoff at about $15 over what it would have cost at KO Toys after looking at that link. I guess that's my bad for not being in the know, but do I have a leg to stand on considering that he would have had to break the seal to apply purple stickers to the knockoff, or because he did a damn good job retaping it he gets a loophole for it being sealed, or rather resealed? Sorry mods if this looks like it's turning into an ebay thread/post, but my original intent was to simply get some info about black prime because I suspected I was sold a knockoff.

10. Deceptigtar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think i know what auction your talking about, i saw it.

reprolables did a set of stickers for the black prime ko if you wanted to make it a nemesis prime as there is no legit release of a g1 mold nemesis prime.

basically it was a custom you got, which is cool because the price for the ko and stickers you got all in one shot. so it is unique in its own right.

so glad you did not think you were buying a real jafcom, but if you do want one now you know what to look for.

11. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Thank you so much guys for helping a jafcon/ko noob lol! Check this out. I spoke to the seller already and simply asked him if he sold me a ko and if so where did he buy it. His reply was that he did indeed, that it is a high end ko, that he sells lots of ko's, and that sometimes ebay shuts him down if he lists ko's as such and therefore sometimes uses the term reissue. He then went on to offer a full refund plus shipping costs if I want to return it. You know, this is a really decent item and he strikes me as being very honorable. After looking at Deceptigtar's link to ko toys, I figured buying one there would run $60 shipping and all. Then if you add the cost of the reprolabels it would probably come close to evening out at the $70 shipped that I paid. Gosh man I don't know. Part of me wants to keep it because like you say it is customized and a little more unique. Also, this may be the closest I ever get to the real thing. Kinda on the fence here. Would anybody else keep it?

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, you probably don't need it anymore but here is a photo of my jafcon prime

[​IMG]

Sucks man, Hope you can find one in the future. I think someone in the Junkion is selling one, you should look:2c: 

13. Automorpher

News Credits:
    I'll say its a decent stand in, especially if you ain't keen to pump in USD $200 upwards for the real deal. ;) 

14. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Yeah the real Jafcon Prime is pretty awesome. I believe he's the first black redeco of an Optimus (like ever).

The paint is said to be delicate on the figure, so I used some sealer on mine.

Randy

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Black Lio Convoy predates him.

16. Automorpher

News Credits:
    ^ And closely followed by Black Big Convoy! :gen069: 

17. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay the first non-Beast version of Black Convoy. :wink: 

18. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whenever a listing uses that many words I get suspicious. It suggest they're just throwing out keywords to get search hits, while an auction for a legit item being sold by someone who knows what it is would (hopefully) simply state clearly what the item is in the description.

If you're ever not sure just skip that auction. There will always be others and waiting is better than getting ripped off.

19. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Post some pics of yours..... I could always use a nice looking g1 nemmi for the brand new detolf