Questions about G1 Menasor

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Basketball Jones, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Does anyone else's G1 Menasor have difficulty standing?

I'm using Breakdown and Wildrider for the legs. The combined form continually bends forward, as the heads of the two legs move forward under the weight.

Can one apply clear nail polish to the sides of the heads/limb sockets to produce more friction?

In addition, does anyone else's set of Stunticons have stickers with each team member's name on them? Wildrider has a black sticker with his name on his hood, for instance.

2. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I've the issue with the bending forward and sorted it exactly the same way you did, i put it down to time, playwear and gravity :) 

As for the stickers, nah mine dont have the individual names on them

3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    The stickers you mentioned are actually on the original sticker sheet. They were not meant to be applied only to tell which one goes with which. Who ever first applied the stickers cut out the names and applied them. I've seen this done before. As for your leg problem. You could use the a fore mentioned method or rotate one the other way (backwards) so it bends the other way? Just a thought.

4. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

I usually turn the pair I'm using as legs around so that they lean backward slightly instead of forward. Unless I'm using Dragstrip has one of the legs.

Out

5. Red04Cobra

Red04Cobra Well-Known Member

Same problem with mine. I can usually get him to stand straight, but not for long periods of time. Kidna looks like he's looking down on smaller bots about to crush them!

You can get a good look of mine leaning forward ever so slightly in my gallery. http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/2270

6. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol ^ that's a lot of jetfire avatars in a row.

I use dead end and wildrider for the legs with the car sides facing front. I like being able to see them better and also kinda gives the figure leg acticulation. Also counter balances the arms if they are swung outward

7. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    before I packed everything down I hade my Menasor standing straight for over 1 year. It all depends on your Motormaster.

8. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    got to love the jetfire avatar!!! :) 

9. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I got 2 Menasors both stand straight. So you might wanna check the leg slot on Motormaster.

10. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

I don't see how it could be the Motormaster.

Still, I took him apart and rebuilt him, and he seems to be holding up better now.

Is it just me, or are Dead End and Drag Strip not really suitable to use as legs?

Thanks for the bit about the stickers, however.