Customs: Questions about Customizing Arms Micron

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rhinox, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heyo, all.

I've amassed a little collection of Arms Micron figures. Breakdown, Megatron, Jet Vehicon, and a few of the individually sold guys. I'd like to kit out the microns, but I am terrible with stickers. Just horrible, I can never get them right.

So, instead I was thinking of painting them up. I'd prefer to use something like markers if it'd be possible because paint can be messy and I have toddlers in my house. So, with that in mind, I have a couple of questions.

Will things like Gundam markers work for painting up Arms Micron figures? Where can you get said markers on the cheap? Also, if you have any tips or tricks that make things look better, let me know.

I appreciate your time, thank you for your help.

2. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you're having trouble with stickers, paint is going to be a disaster.

Gundam or other hobby markers would work for painting details, but keep in mind markers are meant for detail. Large "field" areas of a figure should use paint.

You can find them inexpensively on ebay or hobbylink Japan. But it might be good for you to check out a local hobby shop and get a variety of materials and test them out, see if they work for you. As always I recommend using a junker to practice on before you work on anything you intend on keeping.

Also bring your arms microns in and ask the hobby shop owner, he (and it is always a he) might have some good ideas.

3. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what paint would people recommend? I'm really just looking to bring out some silver details on some figures and metallic red for the micron's eyes. The biggest area I'm looking to cover is Breakdown's kneecaps.

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    My local shop actually has one or two ladies working there.

Otherwise I agree with all the advice here ;)