Questions About Comic Book Storage

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by G1Wheeljack, Apr 28, 2010.

1. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Until recenlty I've kept my comics stacked in a bookshelf in my closet, but I recenlty bought a storage box to keep them in. However, I've noticed that they've started to curve in the corner, probably because of the staples. I know of comic book sleeves but never really bothered buying them & have also heard the expression "sleeved, boarded and boxed." Do I need sleeves and boards as well to keep them from curving & is there anything I can do to fix my current comics?

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

you cannot keep comics standing like regular books for long before they curl under their own weight. You need bags and boards if you want to keep them in good condition. They will run you about $15 for 100.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Every time I buy a comic I buy a bag and board for it too. But dude, you know the side of the store in between the counter and the manga? They have craploads of stuff for comic storage, they have those white box things, the clear hard plastic things, and all kinds of things. Just asked the guys that work there too, they are really nice. I ask them all types of stupid questions :D .

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought a box from them today, one of the smaller ones. I currently have them in said box with Nintendo DS game cases as bookends. I really don't want to have to get sleeves & boards, I guess I just hate the idea of having to buy supplementary products in addition to the money I pay for each issue.

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I know what you mean, but for a quarter to keep your comics in good shape it's worth it. But buying in bulk might help.