Questions about CM's GGG figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by reluttr, Jan 27, 2011.

1. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am really interested in these figures, however I have a few concerns

1. Alot of people complain that the knee joints are brittle and easily break, even on the 2.0 star GGG set. Is there a tutorial that shows how to effictively fix the knee joint? How common is this problem? Also is it presant in all the figures "gaigo, fighgar, 2.0 gaigar".

2. Just how good is the plastic quality on these sets? For example will things break off when posing the figures? "I have seen a pretty spooky thread on robotjapan where someones fighgar's arm assembly practically came totally apart"

3. How much should I pay for these sets? Should I shell out for the "GaoGaiGo" set and get gaofighgar, gaigo, and stealth gao 3? Or should I get them seperately?

4. Should I just wait? Do you think that Takara or another company will be making a better and more affordable set soon?

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    All these questions could've been posted in the Brave thread. From what I heard GGG 2.0 fixed the knee problem. But not Gaofighgar 2.0.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Star GaoGaigar 2.0 is really solid. The knees are now made of diecast (along with a few other bits, like GaoGaigar's feet, which help with weight distribution). The only really fragile bits are the new wrist pegs for the articulated hands. Just glue them into the hands, you don't lose any useful articulation anyways.

Genesic GaoGaigar Renewal didn't go so far as full metal knees, but it did insert a new metal axis rod into the rotation joint, so no breakage problems there, either.

GaoFighgar Renewal remains the odd-man out, and retains the crappy plastic knees. Disappointing.

The plastic quality in and of itself is fine. It's just the thin-ness in some areas that's rather spooky, at least if you've never handled high-end Japanese collectibles before. The plastic isn't prone to spontaneously shattering for no reason, you just have to understand it's not indestructible and avoid stressing it. Again, GaoGaigar 2.0 is pretty great except the hands. Genesic loses out because of its inherent intricacies, and GaoFighgar is just an unfortunate oversight.