Minor/Repaint: Questions about cartoon accurate Masterpiece Bluestreak

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by marioxb, Sep 23, 2016.

1. marioxb

marioxb Active Member

Hey there! I'm just starting on collecting again since the 80s and I only want Masterpiece/ MP-ish toys. All I have so far is Bumblebee. I just found the thread about combining MP-18 and MP-18S to make a cartoon accurate Bluestreak (funny that neither of these toys' is called Bluestreak, nor does Bluestreak have any blue).

The thread does not allow replies so I will ask here. First of all, it requests doing a head swap. Why? The heads look the same to me. What's the difference?

Next, if I only bought MP-18S or a KO, besides the head, the only extra thing I'd need to do is paint the shoulders, right?

Speaking of painting, can someone, as Michael Scott would say, explain how and what to paint, as if I was five years old? I need to know 100% step by step how to paint strait lines on the hood, where these lines need to be, what to mask, etc. A diagram would be excellent. It mentions leaving/ adding silver to the roof, but all I can see is black. Also, do I need to sand, prime, (optimus prime?), multiple coat, etc?

So as you can see, I've never modified anything before, and I need all the help I can get. I want everything to be as close to the US G1 cartoon as possible.

Thanks!