questions about AOE?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RoadBusterSwipe, Feb 13, 2018.

1. RoadBusterSwipe

RoadBusterSwipe Active Member

I wonder how long after DOTM Autobots started getting hunted, weeks, year? Also did the new gang arrive shortly after the battle or the moment shit was going down? Also, why did Autobots separate? For instance, Leadfoot was hiding alone, Ratchet in that shipyard, Prime in Mexico City, etc. Also in the MC Ambush, that is when Prime sent out the message to the other bots, but what did he do alone there? Does this mean autobots were separated even before CW Hunt?

Btw, I am sorry if this comes off as negative, I actually enjoyed the film much better then TLK lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Galvatross

Galvatross Online Fandoms Suck! Veteran

I think the Autobots were already alone for the most part when they got ambushed.

If not, I have no doubt Lockdown and Cemetery Wind's attacks separated them, and perhaps only one in such cases made it out alive.

3. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

a good question..it seems like the hunt began shortly before aoe so approx 4-5 years after the boc

also, ratchet handn't changed his form yet, nor did leadfoot, so im assuming it was a 'order 66' type ambush where they hit them all at once...id like to know who was with prime in the mexico city ambush...im sure the humans strategically separated the bots as best they could without them gaining suspicion before executing the strikes...the timeframe in between dotm & aoe is so damn ripe for comics & other media to fill in the blanks, a shame.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RoadBusterSwipe

I agree. They really should have continued comic for AOE and beyond.

I think Prime was alone in Mexico cuz during the conversation, Lockdown and attinger only discussed how Prime took hits and escaped and no other bots were mentioned

• Like Like x 1
  5. RoadBusterSwipe

Same. Maybe there was internal conflict between the bots and they decided to seperate.

6. Bamond

Bamond Robbie Rotten's step brother.

News Credits:
    I think Drift was there eather slightly after DOTM or during DOTM?
    And I'm guessing Autobots started getting hunted some while after, because of how long it'd take for Lockdown to arrive and etc.

7. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, good question! I thought about that many times. I also think that the hunting started several months before AOE, half-a-year maximum, but KSI started the experiments just after the Chicago battle. I also think Autobots separated intentionally, because it is easier to track a large group. They were not going to start a big confrontation with humans anyway, so violant methods would be out of place.
    It is interesting, that Lockdown says "Your people gave Him the chance to escape" and I see in this phrase a possibility of former NEST guys being involved. I think, they might tried to save Autobots, displacing them across the country. But CIA may caught humans too. I also noticed, that CW didn't use energon detectors, but ordinary heat visors instead. So someone from NEST were able to destroy all the Cybertronian technologies.

8. ChromiumPhoenix

ChromiumPhoenix Banned

I agree. The movie seems to imply the attack on Optimus in Mexico City wasn't that long ago with the meeting between Lockdown and Attinger being their first encounter since.

9. RoadBusterSwipe

that explains why we don't see Sam, Epps, etc. They were probably assassinated for attempting to help the Autobots

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChromiumPhoenix

ChromiumPhoenix Banned

Doubtful, it would have raised to many questions if all the people who had direct ties to the Autobots were killed. Remember, Cemetery Wind was a rogue group. They weren't hunting Autobots under orders. It also wouldn't explain why Lennox was left alive.

11. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Agreed. It isinteresting, how the people reacted, because Sam had a medal. I think, he is in prison.
    TLK is in сdifferent continuity.

12. ChromiumPhoenix

ChromiumPhoenix Banned

No it's not.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Haha, you should watch it more attentively. It has countless contradictions, more, than IDW comics.

14. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Yes but, while it has contradictions, it’s still in the same continuity

15. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have more realistic definition for the word "continuity".

16. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Okay, but it’s still in the same continuity. The Last Knight takes place sometime after the events of AOE. It takes place a few years after the events of DOTM. They even show the Ark being destroyed on the moon by Cybertron. They literally have the same Autobots from AOE in TLK.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RoadBusterSwipe

I think maybe Lockdown kidnapped Sam and Carly to use them as bait in MC. But when Optimus arrive, it is ambush.

18. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

Generally I see the likelyhood of the energon detection systems not being reliable and easily fooled being the biggest reason one would stop trying to use them to hunt Cybertronians, rather than outright sabotage. If you've been stuck chasing false positives and know that the Autobots now know how to bypass them without being noticed, why would you focus on the dangerous decepticons who don't?

Sam was definitely assassinated, epps may still wind up in the next movie as he was scheduled to appear in TLK alongside Lennox originally. I'm rather interested in whether Leadfoot died before Ratchet, and if one could make the case of that not being the bot, but a reprogramed training drone on the visuals personally, cause if a later director pulls that off it would definitely cause some questions.