Questions about Alignment and Classics stories...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by johnboy3434, Jun 8, 2011.

1. johnboy3434

johnboy3434 Well-Known Member

In the beginning of Furman's "Alignment", there is a description of a conflict with Galvatron II that has left both Optimus Prime and Megatron largely out of action, along with several other consequences, but it's all mentioned in passing. This seemed like a lot of backstory to swallow for the sole purpose of setting the stage, so I was wondering if it was referring some other non-canon story that Furman wrote. I can't seem to find any such work, though.

Also, about the Classics tales: the Collector's Club magazines apparently contain previews of the stories "Dungeons & Dinobots" and "At Fight's End" in issues 21 and 30, respectively. Are these previews independent mini-tales that set the stage for the actual stories, or are they just small excerpts from the stories themselves? I'm curious, but it's not really worth the $40 subscription and $20 price for the two issues in question just to find out. If anybody has them and can tell me, I'd be grateful.

2. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    IIRC, "Alignment" was never considered canon by Hasbro.

3. johnboy3434

...I know that. My question still stands. What I'm asking is if the events described are chronicled elsewhere, as it seems awkward to have such a big event be relegated to backstory.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    They're right next to the plot of what happens between Season 2 and the Movie

5. johnboy3434

So, right next to Robots in Disguise, then? :D 

Yeah, I sort of guessed that there wasn't a story about it, but I wanted to check with you guys. Honestly, I don't know what Furman was thinking, starting out the story like that. Hell, the short description sounds like it would have been more interesting than how Alignment turned out (then again, the "hopeless fight against the vastly superior Galvatron" plot had been done several times over by this point).

That just leaves my question about the Collector's Club stories, one of which I just remembered was not Classics, but Shattered Glass. Are the previews independent entities, or just excerpts from the stories they advertise?

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I don't have the issues of the magazine that the previews are in, but I think they're independent entries (but also very short and not containing much of a story). I know that on the TFWiki, they have a picture from the preview for At Fight's End; the preview shows an image that's on the cover of At Fight's End, but with narrative bubbles added to it. The actual scene itself has nothing to do with the story, it's just a picture of some Botcon exclusives + HTS exclusive Overkill and Drag Strip.

Image:AtFightsEnd-OverkillDragstripAcidStorm.jpg - Transformers Wiki
    The preview

Image:Atfightsend.jpg - Transformers Wiki
    the actual cover

So, make of that what you will

7. johnboy3434

Gah! My OCD cries in pain knowing my collection is not complete. And people don't usually bother making scans of the CC magazines, either. I'm not spending $60 for four pages worth of material, though. Times are a bit too hard for that.