Questioning the Dark of the Moon hunt

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, May 16, 2011.

1. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I'm excited mostly because it's new figures after such a long drought.
    That's not to say, however, that there arn't things that I'm interested in anyway.

So far I'm really enjoying all the new triple changing human alliance figures, as it really does a good job of making squishy human characters a fun part of the toy-verse (of course started with the HA from RotF). The new emphasis on smaller and more playable sets with Cyberverse really does it for me as well with things like Starscream's air-fortress-thing. The mechtech weapons are neat, and don't gum up transformation like automorph did (in some cases, in others automorph was nifty-keen).

Oh, and Shockwave. Definitely Shockwave.

2. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not everyone has to be excited about getting these figures right away... but:

I dont like all the movie figures but there are some figures that are plain awesome. And:

It really was. Only was at one store but my gf and I were able to check out each of the new figures and I was able to pick up most of what i wanted in one trip.

3. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    I fuckin hate the TF movies but I bought 5 figures today simply because it's fun to hunt and the designs are actually alot cooler than rotf's

4. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    This is partly why I'm sticking to Cyberverse. I can still get the thrill without spending too much and it won't be a big deal if I decide to ditch them later. Topspin and Roadbuster deluxes were hella tempting though.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'm just concerned with how difficult the 1 figure I plan to get will be since I have to wait.

Sure a lot of things will sit on pegs and shelves for a while but by the same token many likely won't.

6. MrSneis

MrSneis Build Giant Robot!

News Credits:
    I'm not even going to bother buying any movie figs :)  I hope they sell enough to get Hasbro to make more generations/rts stuff though.

7. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I went out today and had to make one stop. I got everything I wanted. I'm more selective this year and got mainly new characters. I'm not going to get sucked in like I did the last two movies.

8. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    took the day off, coulda slept in, but I went out first thing this morning...first place i went...nothing....second place...nothing...third place....a few...forth place same ones...fifth place...nothing....sixth place...nothing...seventh place... nothing.. this goes on for a while.

i went everywhere possible in my town. at the end of the day, i came home with Cyberverse Prime with trailer and cyberverse Ironhide...that's it... i saw wave 1 and 2 but no shockwave or powerglide. almost got Leader SP...almost got the wreckers and crankcase... but when i held them i just didn't feel that spark. you know, that "golden ticket" feeling like when you find a warpath or whatever has been hiding in the dark shadows... none of them really made me want to spend my money. now there are a few im wanting real bad like Leader Ironhide, HA Soundwave and a few others in future waves, but when i saw the pegs filled with these wave 1's and 2's i got a chill, like i could see into the future. and in this future i saw the exact same figures warming the exact same pegs, and i decided that it's just not my time. My wife is more in shock than i am, with the way i talked up how today was going to be and then to come home with only $25.00 worth of merchandise. She thought for sure that i would be lugging in bag after bag. i knew i wasn't going that far but i definitely thought i would have bought more than that!

I have some great online preorders (expensive ones) that I'm looking forward too. which is something I've never done...that now gives me that golden ticket feeling.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I don't understand the rush to get them all at once, this isn't Poke'mon after all. It's not like these toys won't be with us on retailers shelves until Christmas of 2012, possible 2013.

10. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I have "the itch" where if there's something new out that I want, I MUST GET IT. Or else I suffer from insanity.

11. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoy the hunt

12. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

Easy pass on the entire line for me. More for the rest of you guys.

13. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

It's evien an easier pass for me hence the stores around montreal hasn't got anything new since the tracks wave.

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I have to admit, on the way home I stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up some stuff for dinner last night, and even though I'd already bought the ones I wanted earlier today...I still went to the TF aisle and damn near filled up my cart with Cyberverse toys. I ended up only getting Sentinel Prime and Megatron (Cyberverse) for my daughter, so her Cyberverse Prime could have some company - plus she can use them with the Starscream playset.

I almost succumbed to that sweet rush that only comes from seeing NEW TOYZ!!!ZOMG!! on the pegs...

I had fight the urge to get the Voyager Megatron too. Despite my general dislike for the figure (GUN not TRUKK :D ), his MechTech weapon is pretty cool. I had to fiddle with it a few times before putting it back...

Almost got the CineMasks too... :D  I think they actually sounded cooler than they look - then again, if the girl wants to wear them to the movie.... I'll get 'em.

15. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are a few reasons I went out today.
    1)I like seeing full sections of Transformers. Reminds me of being a kid.
    2)I like the camaraderie of being there with fellow Transfans
    3)In some ways I like the surprise of movie toys a bit more. For other TF lines it's a pretty easy bet on what I want and what I don't want, for the movie toys I get surprised by some a lot more. (For instance, I bought commander class Ironhide who I was going to pass initially and he is my favorite Ironhide so far

16. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    The only thing that annoyed me was that none of my local stores were prepared for today. Not that there were masses of people waiting or anything, but a lot of the stores I visited said they hadn't even received their shipment of DOTM yet.

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    You seriously didn't take the day off just to hunt for toys did you?

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Its not that I don't like Megatrons mold, It's just that his size class that really bugs me

Doesn't every store have them in storage just not displayed on shelves?

19. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    This.

1,000,000 times this.

20. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

walmart had cyberverse marked at $4.97 on the shelf so i got powerglide, sentinel, optimus, ironhide, blackout at $3 off. they rang up at $7.98.

they seem to make a lot of mistakes like that at that store. im going to keep my eye on them. the checker found a supervisor to go check it out and when they found the shelf had the wrong price they changed it and gave it tome for the shelf price. i wasnt sure what their policy was on that.